Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doughnuts to Live for

Options
  • 18-06-2018 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

Since the demise of the Dublin Doughnut Company I've been deprived of the most sumptuous doughnuts ever produced. As with almost everything that comes out of America, the doughnut (or donut) outlets in Dublin and possibly every one in the country have produced gigantic doughnuts, perhaps to accompany the outsize coffee cups much in evidence in the major coffee chains. As with the difficulty with sourcing a 7-ounce coffee cup it's impossible to find a doughnut that matches the texture and particularly the smaller size of the Dublin Doughnut masterpieces. A perfect example of the principle "less is more"

Has anyone come across a similar product?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I was in 147 deli on Parnell St a few weeks ago and they had donuts that looked very very similar to Dublin donut company ones in terms of size, colour and sugar coating. I agree that the likes of off beat and rolling donuts are too huge and sickly and are designed to be instagrammed before being enjoyed. Dublin donut company did amazing donuts that we’re light and flavourful and had interesting fillings rather than just half a tub of Nutella.

Advertisement