Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE announces official NXT UK brand

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The show over already???

Yeah it had a block of three hours but only went 2 and a 1/2. Devlin and bate should be on the Best matches of 2020 this time next year. Superb stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

The punch sequence in Devlin Bate reminded me of Ishii Shibata from G1 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Any other Irish wrestlers on the horizon ?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Don't think Walter was all there for the match from early on. Seemed to be covering his head. Surprised it went as long as it did and that the attack still happened. I know they were setting up Worlds collide.

Crazy recovery for the Webster/Andrews ladder spot. I'm thinking they were planning on doing separate swantons on each of Gallus, but the table breaking early for one just gave the crowd a bigger spot.

HHH mentioned the deal to get NXT UK on BT Sports on the post show. Just saying more people will get to see the show weekly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Enjoyed the Takeover show. Probably only the 3rd NXT UK show I've seen. I think part of the appeal was that it was on at a good time (for us at least) and that it was very accessible in that you didn't need to know any backstory coming into any of these matches to enjoy them more than you would have if you were just a casual, once-off viewer like myself.

Really enjoyed Devlin/Bate, probably just a notch below being a real MOTYC but excellent and well worth going out of your way to see.

The ladder match had literally all of the WWE ladder match tropes, it's a style of match that either desperately needs to be re-jigged, done less or, my favoured option, retired permanently. That being said, the lads in it worked hard, took some big bumps and, if you still gain enjoyment from this type of match, I thought it was one of better ones I've seen recently.

Main event was long, Walter is wonderful and even in the toned down setting still comes across as being special. How long that will last I don't know, having a jacked up mid carder like Coffey scoring visual pinfalls over him probably wont help in that respect. The crowd did get into it but Coffey as a face is strange, Coffey being a headliner consistently on these big shows is even stranger. Fine match, bit patchy in places, definitely on the lower end of the Walter big match scale.

• Advertisement
Advertisement