Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Data being used up.......but not by me!!!

Options
  • 18-06-2018 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

I renewed my contract in March when upgrading my phone. Me being me took no notice of what day my billing cycle started. When I got a text saying I'd used 80% of my data I just presumed I'd used 80% of my data myself.

However this has happened twice since, and last month my 10gb of data was used up within 9 days of the new billing cycle! Today, 9 days since my billing cycle started, I again got a text saying 80% of my data allowance had been used!!!

Upon checking my usage history on My Eir it shows that at around 11.45-ish each night after my billing cycle starts that huge amounts of data is being used. Now unless my cats are doing some serious streaming using my phone while I'm asleep then somebody somewhere seems to have access to my account somehow!

How do I go about sorting this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

fermoyboy wrote: »
    I renewed my contract in March when upgrading my phone. Me being me took no notice of what day my billing cycle started. When I got a text saying I'd used 80% of my data I just presumed I'd used 80% of my data myself.

However this has happened twice since, and last month my 10gb of data was used up within 9 days of the new billing cycle! Today, 9 days since my billing cycle started, I again got a text saying 80% of my data allowance had been used!!!

Upon checking my usage history on My Eir it shows that at around 11.45-ish each night after my billing cycle starts that huge amounts of data is being used. Now unless my cats are doing some serious streaming using my phone while I'm asleep then somebody somewhere seems to have access to my account somehow!

How do I go about sorting this?
    Hi fermoyboy ,

Your complete data usage for the day is calculated each night before 12 pm. This does not necessarily mean that data was used at this time, its the total amount that was used that day.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

Might be worth checking out if you have auto updates on for apps and how big those updates are if contributing to data usage, leaving active use apps on while sleeping may use some data also.

Advertisement