Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any remaining Pebble users?

Options
  • 19-06-2018 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭

There is a project started to keep the online functions of the watch alive here:

https://rebble.io/

Parts will be free, parts may involve a small monthly fee to cover server costs. It all depends on numbers who sign up.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Yes, I have a Pebble Time Steel and a Pebble 2. I'm aware of the project, and have looked at the site previously, but can't actually fathom what is available right now, if anything.

Fitbit are switching off the servers on June 30th, so some functions will stop working then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Nothing is available just yet it seems. They wanted to get numbers before making firm goal commitments. From their website:

What does Rebble do?

Our present focus is on replacing key pieces of the Pebble ecosystem: the appstore, firmware, and mobile apps. At a higher level, our goal is to maintain and advance Pebble functionality, in the absence of Pebble Technology Corp.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

The thing is, this site isn't something that's just appeared very recently, it's been around for a while now, the first entry on the blog is from January 2017, but it started up before that shortly after the Fitbit takeover. Despite lots of talk, not a lot appears to have happened in the meantime, so I'm not holding my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Mine is in my man drawer.
    Using an Amazfit Bip now.
    Although I do prefer the Pebble for some reason. Perhaps as it's a little more premium (I have the Pebble Time Steel gold)

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

Just got the Amazfit Bip and really like it. Very Pebble-esque (still have Pebble 2 even the battery is getting worse and worse).

Torn now which one to use daily: if Xiaomi adds more customisation options it will be just like Pebble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Had synced up pebble account with rebbel in June but forgot to change the watch over and update its firmware. Just done it now and all working perfect and all my aps are still there. Good to see the store back up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Bottom right button has just crumbled away, raging as the watch is still running great with the rebble update

Anyone have any fixes? Links to new pebbles?

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

I'm almost sure someone in the Reddit group has 3D printed one. Not sure otherwise. Best of luck. I've gotten attached to my Pebble too, still going great

Im following that thread like a hawk for when they come available to buy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭niallb

There's a recent post on rebble.io that lists a few options.
    http://rebble.io/2019/07/29/the-shiny-rebble-future.html

The buttons on my time steel are getting hard to use too, and
    since I use it for 2FA all the time it's caused a few anxious moments!

There have been a few pieces on the subreddit about people recasing their pebbles with good success.
    New batteries are also available if you don't mind a bit of soldering or know someone who can help.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that,
    I see there are buttons available but they're in clear plastic and you must add adhesive yourself
    Seems to be about 16dollars in postage, bringing total to about 32dollars

I've since ordered and using a Bip but really miss the pebble so
    Am going to use the BIP in the short term and wait for buttons with adhesive in black

Advertisement