Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live in Swinford

• 19-06-2018 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Is Swinford a nice place to live in? Might be moving soon

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,293 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

ronaldol wrote: »
    Is Swinford a nice place to live in? Might be moving soon

Could be a culture shock if you're moving from Madrid, Ronaldo.

I guess a lot would depend on your age, what you're in to, etc etc.

I've never lived there but it's like a lot of small towns in Ireland. The streets might be a bit desolate as people don't shop like they used to. It always struck me as a nicely laid out town with a nice feel to it but it might be a different story living there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Last passenger train service stopped over 50 years ago. Can be very quiet away from Festivals like previous poster mentioned. Great Bus Eireann Connections to Galway / Dublin though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,465 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I don't want to knock Swinford but I do go up there from time to time as part of a long cycle and it always looks desolate to me. In fact I saw last time I was up there a newsagenets in the middle of the town had closed down. Given it's in a prime location that's a bit unusual. As PARlance said I agree it is a nicely laid out town and I really do like the surrounding area to cycle around but there just never seems to be much going on there.

Advertisement