Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oakley glasses

Options
  • 19-06-2018 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭

I have a set of Oakley tombstone reap shooting glasses with 3 interchangeable lenses. I’m looking to add a Four lense (yellow) but can’t find what I’m looking for in Ireland or the UK. Plenty available in USA but no one will ship. Spoke to Oakley in ireland and they tell me the lense I’m looking for is not available in Europe it’s for the US market only. Any recommendations please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Gleefulprinter

Why won't they ship them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

It was midway USA I was dealing with and they won’t accept an Irish postal address so I emailed them today and they told me they only ship to USA address. Tried Oakley USA and the same issue they won’t post outside the US. Oakley ireland are telling me they can’t source the lenses as they are for sale in the US market only

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭solarwinds

Get someone in the US to buy them and ship them over. If you dont know anyone let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭Masala

AddressPal from An Post now have a USA add-on that will give you a USA address to take them in and forward on to your Irish address

Thanks. I have an address pal account with the uk address but didn’t know they had a USA version. Cheers for that

• Advertisement

Tried 3 USA stores and placed orders with 2 of them only to get a rejection email and refund of my money. I got one explanation from safety glasses USA telling me that all Oakley distributors in the USA are forbidden from selling Oakley products outside of America due to contract obligations. And all purchases must go through the Oakley distributors in your own country.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Gleefulprinter

Did you not put your address pal from an post in as the delivery?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 314 ✭✭Walter Mittys Brother

Lots of sellers know this is a forwarding address & refuse to ship to it which is what happened here I'd say :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭Masala

Luckysasha wrote: »
    Tried 3 USA stores and placed orders with 2 of them only to get a rejection email and refund of my money. I got one explanation from safety glasses USA telling me that all Oakley distributors in the USA are forbidden from selling Oakley products outside of America due to contract obligations. And all purchases must go through the Oakley distributors in your own country.

Would you consider buying 'used' etc.... would say that the man in the street would have no problem in sending them to a local address. I have bought used/secondhand Maui Jim and Ray-bans from Ebay.co.uk and they were in perfect condition. Still wearing the Maui Jim's after 5 years...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

Masala wrote: »
    AddressPal from An Post now have a USA add-on that will give you a USA address to take them in and forward on to your Irish address

How does paying the taxes and import duty work ? Do you pay it up front or something like that ?

• Advertisement

Yep but they mentioned in the email that they won’t post to P.O. box numbers or forwarders as they have no control of where the product ends up after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭solarwinds

Yep i even used a legitimate US postal address before but my billing details from ireland and they still refused to ship.

Advertisement