Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Duke & Duchess of Sussex to visit Dublin, July 10-11

Comments

Aegir wrote: »
    aren't we supposed to have moved on, or is that only when discussing Sinn Fein's crimes?

In fairness, as yet another After Hours thread demonstrates you and your Unionist fellow travellers are not exactly doing a great job at moving on from defending your medieval, sectarian British royalist cult. Try a single day without proselytising here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Should he apologise for Cromwell also?

Maybe he is coming across to thank us - you know - for fighting the good fight back then for his 'family'?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭BuyersRemorse

I'm sure that while the Duchess of 'Sex is here, she'll be treated to a pint of Guinness and presented with a framed certificate of her Irish ancestry (seven times removed)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Given that the Royal Family™ are nothing without the oxegen of publicity, you'd have to wonder was his choice of bride more to do with filling glossy magazines and keeping up the celebrity image than anything as piddling as love or companionship. They have a talent for survival anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,106 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Agricola wrote: »
    They have a talent for survival anyway.

Like cockroaches, only more expensive :)

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Like cockroaches, only more expensive :)

Hah! I thought with that avatar, you'd be on your knees kissing the royal ring, so to speak.

Never judge a book........... :D

Agricola wrote: »
    Hah! I thought with that avatar, you'd be on your knees kissing the royal ring, so to speak.

Never judge a book........... :D

Nope, I'd like a nice Republic across the sea from this one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

And then the big day on the 12th. Wonderful. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

VinLieger wrote: »
    Your reason for demanding it has nothing to do with accountability though and is simply you wanting to him to be asked an embarrassing question

It's only embarrassing because up till now they refused to own up to it. Whats just as embarrassing is to ignore it for fear of offending them
    You had a mass murderer in your Parliament and what makes it worse is he was elected. So I think it's a bit rich for you to question Prince Harry, the Duke of Sussex who is merely carrying out his obligations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,428 ✭✭✭facehugger99

The only people mentioning SF are those trying to deflect from any criticism of 'their betters'

quack quack.

In fairness, as yet another After Hours thread demonstrates you and your Unionist fellow travellers are not exactly doing a great job at moving on from defending your medieval, sectarian British royalist cult. Try a single day without proselytising here.

blah blah West Brit, blah blah Unionist blah blah blah

Do you never tire of this utter drivel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,085 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Good for them and hopefully the country welcomes them. As for visiting temple bar. Tbh they should avoid at all costs. Its nothing a city should be proud of.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

In all seriousness he should also be asked about the mysterious supposed suicide of Bobby Sands and what he knows about it.

Like I know he supposedly wasn’t born at that time but I just find that alibi almost too convenient.

I’ve heard the rumours as well as the next man. That a small ginger person was in fact spotted at the maze that day. Why hasn’t anyone got the balls to question him.

#truth and justice for republicans# what does Harry know# that’s something about harry# when harry met Mary Lou # won’t someone ask harry............

I hope they enjoy their stay in Dublin and have a good time. I hope people are still able to go about their daily business and this visit doesn't disrupt peoples lives.

Considering the fact that Prince Harry was 4 at the time, I doubt he's the correct person to ask these questions...

Jesus, I just realized that you are a mod of the "history and whatever" forum, are you actually for real?

Page 2 and the thread has been completely derailed by idiotic statements.

he thinks the British are all *****, so what do you expect?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107219042&postcount=249

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Blaas4life

Taytoland wrote: »
    And then the big day on the 12th. Wonderful. ;)

Does it bother yous in the least the royal family want ñothibg to do with the 12th or be associated with it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

he thinks the British are all *****, so what do you expect?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107219042&postcount=249
    Nah just the ones pretending we're friends for Brexit and those who defend their imperialism.

Nah just the ones pretending we're friends for Brexit and those who defend their imperialism.

Who is pretending? are you saying that the British and Irish aren't friends?

Noone in there right mind thinks the British are irelands friends after the way they've treated ireland in relation to brexit (probably socially and politically most important thing to face the island in a generation)

Going into Europe to try get other countries to weaken irelands position....basically trying to sh1t all over us for not bending our knee and being subservient to them anymore.....a scummy action by a scummy race

I'd never taught id say this...but varadkar has been very good for ireland the last 6 months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

topper75 wrote: »
    And yet .. get this...if I reach out to pull off their fake skin, it's me that the Garda batons over the head. You couldn't make it up.

Of course. After all, they work for our overlords. Not for us plebs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I wonder if the anti - catholic church folk will be as much outraged with this as they are with the Popes visit in August.

Sure isnt this a waste of our tax money also ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

Blaas4life wrote: »

Going into Europe to try get other countries to weaken irelands position....basically trying to sh1t all over us for not bending our knee and being subservient to them anymore.....a scummy action by a scummy race

Oh Lordy.......(snigger)

Farage, Mogg, Hoey and their ilk, we're 'friends' as long as we do what they want, the moment we assert ourselves you can see the fangs come out

Farage, Mogg, Hoey and their ilk, we're 'friends' as long as we do what they want, the moment we assert ourselves you can see the fangs come out

Terrible people, Hoey particularly as she professes to be an MP for Labour.

Nice try.

When things waddle and quack, they’re usually a duck.

Terrible people, Hoey particularly as she professes to be an MP for Labour.

Hopefully she'll be gone after the next election, as I think something like 70% of her constituents voted against Brexit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Maybe someone could ask Harry, as a member of the British army what he thinks about the decision announced today to prosecute a british soldier for the manslaughter of an irishman shot in the back after going through a checkpoint in 1988, and why it took so long to finally get looked at

Why, when he was only four at the time. Didn't take long for the anti-British/Royal bile to seep into the thread. Why don't the British ask every Irish dignitary that arrives what they think about the murder of Lord Mountbatten?

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Why, when he was only four at the time. Didn't take long for the anti-British/Royal bile to seep into the thread. Why don't the British ask every Irish dignitary that arrives what they think about the murder of Lord Mountbatten?

Were the irish state responsible for that murder?

Nice try.

When things waddle and quack, they’re usually a duck.

Here you go then, I've been pretty consistent here on Boards about what I dislike and it ain't the ordinary people
    Funny how you left the UK out of that list of countries that forgave the Germans, have a read of the comments section of any UK newspaper article concerning Germany and the EU and you'll see tonnes of comments along the lines of what you seem to think only applies to Irish people :rolleyes:

The rest of your post is just a load of **** that doesn't understand that it's perfectly reasonable to have a problem with the British System (which is the same one as back 100 years ago) and hold nothing against the British people
    What has that got to do with anything??:confused:

Just because you don't like colonialism and imperialism doesn't mean you have to hate all things British
    An apology was a first step but where are the criminal proceedings against the murderers? I think there are plenty of legitimate reasons to dislike the British government (as in the institution), disliking the ordinary english person though is ridiculous but I honestly cant say I ever came across anything beyond kids jokes back when I was in Ireland
    stay classy guys, I can imagine the outrage if english boardsies were making paddy jokes on st. patricks day:rolleyes:
    I've only ever met nice English people as far as I can remember, but then again I'm never going to be in a place where I'll meet the bad ones
    I'm sure it depends really where you go doesn't it? From where I was anyway (countryside around Manchester and Southampton) I thought it was poor-alright, nothing special. I've only met decent English people there and abroad but I wouldn't generalise it. One of the villages we went through was pretty alien though, old english name and the school uniforms were very old fashioned english, long shorts, blazers and caps.

You can get better beer on the continent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,003 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Seriously... can we not have an "Armchair Republican" forum for this nonsense or something.

Yes, lots of bad things happened. Yes, those responsible should be held accountable under the laws.. but FFS, it's like a timewarp in this forum lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

We're finally getting an attempt at justice, through the courts in at least this case of a man shot in the back, but still waiting on the Hooded Men appeal, and waiting for any prosecutions for Bloody Sunday and Ballymurphy, so yes it is part of a demand for accountability and a refusal to let it be swept under the carpet by certain folk

Is Harry responsible for that too? Shouldn't apologies come from government and not the royal family?
    He was also a proud member of the army for many years.

I can post what I like thanks, someone needs to say it instead of pretending we're all best buds now and ignoring the criminal preceedings

Is it wrong to be proud to be in the army of your country? Or any army for that matter?

Actually, according to the charter of this forum, you can't post what you like. As a mod, you should be well aware of this.

What's your gripe with the Royal family exactly? What's with the venom? It's really immature and quite sad to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭Lady Spangles

Any title any royal has is purely ceremonial, anyway. They have no power, they make no decisions, they're nothing more than figureheads. Empty figureheads, at that. I'm really no royalist and would rather see them dismantled over the coming generations. But blaming them for things the governments do is strange. The Monarch isn't even permitted to enter the House of Commons uninvited and, when she does, she speaks only the Prime Minister's words. Even when invited in, Blackrod must slam the door in her face, first. Then she's allowed in. They're not permitted to vote, they're not permitted to interfere with legislation. The only thing they can do, really, is give permission for parliament to be dissolved prior to a full, fair and democratic election. They also give consent to form a new government (they're no permitted to refuse).

They're empty vessels. Meaningless and pointless, but they're fancy to look at.

Is Harry responsible for that too? Shouldn't apologies come from government and not the royal family?

Is it wrong to be proud to be in the army of your country? Or any army for that matter?

Actually, according to the charter of this forum, you can't post what you like. As a mod, you should be well aware of this.

What's your gripe with the Royal family exactly? What's with the venom? It's really immature and quite sad to be honest.

You don't like it, report it or lump it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Were the British state responsible for the Aidan McAnespie shooting or was it the actions of a renegade soldier? Anyway, as others have said 'have we not moved on'?

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Were the British state responsible for the Aidan McAnespie shooting [/I]'?

Emm Yes??

:confused:
    How is this even up for debate?

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Seriously... can we not have an "Armchair Republican" forum for this nonsense or something.

Yes, lots of bad things happened. Yes, those responsible should be held accountable under the laws.. but FFS, it's like a timewarp in this forum lately.

Well isn't the whole point of the timewarp that you do it again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

mad muffin wrote: »
    I for one, welcome our lizard overlords.

Are the IMF planning a visit in July also?
    Imagine if when the Pope comes over none of the church scandals were mentioned, there would be massive outrage

They won't get a mention. The media and a huge majority of the country will be fawning over him. The place will be awash with papal flags and such. The Royal visit will be a minor event in comparison in terms of cost and media coverage. I know of two businesses that are providing services for the papal visit and he is going to get the very best of everything when he comes here. The money that is going to be spent on it will be excessive and then some.
    Any title any royal has is purely ceremonial, anyway.

You are correct. That's not going to stop the usual suspects from having a good whinge about the "trubbles" though. You could open a thread about anything British, yorkshire puddings for example and they'd manage to bring it round to someone who was killed.

considering the shinners are now falling over themselves to shake hands with a Royal, I'd certainly expect they could answer a few questions, in the name of reconciliation and all that. They refused to meet Stephen Melrose's father though, so I guess not. Maybe he should move on.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,968 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Will Harry be in his usual regalia or will he go for the non-Nazi look?

considering the shinners are now falling over themselves to shake hands with a Royal, I'd certainly expect they could answer a few questions, in the name of reconciliation and all that. They refused to meet Stephen Melrose's father though, so I guess not. Maybe he should move on.....

Sure let then answer questions so??I've no problem with that

If the man wants to meet with em...meet him,everyone deserves an answer??

Perhaps prInce harry will meet the mcenespie family?

• Advertisement

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Seriously... can we not have an "Armchair Republican" forum for this nonsense or something.... it's like a timewarp in this forum lately.

I suppose another way of looking at it is that you and your fellow travellers could stop pushing your preferred unelected, in-bred, anti-Irish royalist cult by initiating thread after thread about those people on this forum and then playing the victim when the Irish bite.

It looks like your attempts to redeem your monarchy are only going to get more desperate the more you revert to your Europhobic jingoism. Pathetic stuff from Europe's most easily-led plebs.

PS: Nice cut and paste job of the same clichéd view on your part in each thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

We just had Charlie and his missus down in Cork, it's a pain in the ass, whole city locked down.
    Gaurds will be in their element though with their extra OT.

No interest in the royals but there visits do give good exposure to the country.

In what way are the Royal family in bred and anti Irish, or is this another if your cut and paste rants?

In what way are the Royal family in bred and anti Irish, or is this another if your cut and paste rants?

A simple google....Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh and his wife Elizabeth II are second cousins??
    (Eww)

In fairness why would you argue againest known facts?

Perhaps prInce harry will meet the mcenespie family?

Maybe he will.

When you look at the places his grandmother chose to visit when she came over, they don’t try and dodge issues.

A simple google....Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh and his wife Elizabeth II are second cousins??
    (Eww)

In fairness why would you argue againest known facts?

One pair of distant cousins married seventy years ago and they are in bred?

That’s most of Clare, Donegal and Sligo ****ed then!

So how are they anti Irish?

• Advertisement

That’s most of Clare, Donegal and Sligo ****ed then!

So how are they anti Irish?

Well there related and had kids....ergo inbred

Never said they were anti Irish? ?. ...their most loyal subjects live in the 6 counties(who they avoid like the plague,visiting the republic in mid july and ignoribg them :D )

Well there related and had kids....ergo inbred

Never said they were anti Irish? ?. ...their most loyal subjects live in the 6 counties(who they avoid like the plague,visiting the republic in mid july and ignoribg them :D )

Err Charles and Camilla were Northern Ireland before they visited Cork

Err Charles and Camilla were Northern Ireland before they visited Cork

Le sigh

But yet they want ñothibg to do with the 12th celebrations

Surly this is at least a bit unsettling for you??
    Or deos it not bother you they want nothing to do with the 6 counties national holiday?

See, there's the problem right there: second cousins are "distant cousins" to you British royalists.

Here, thrill yourself with the results from "British royal family" and "inbred"

Not quite sure how they could possibly be "anti-Irish"? Seriously? Demanding the Irish swear an Oath of Allegiance to their cult? Their Crown Forces? Their Crown prisons? Their Crown torture? All in this country century after century. And now you're attempting to assert all this lovey-dovey apolitical symbolism of the British royalist cult, and negate the colonial subjugation, military occupation and all the rest that it symbolises. Who do you think you're kidding with that game?

Oh, yes, "the British crown is not political" comedy from the very people who go nuts if all those explicitly political and colonial institutions have the prefix "Royal" removed.

See, there's the problem right there: second cousins are "distant cousins" to you British royalists.

Here, thrill yourself with the results from "British royal family" and "inbred"

Not quite sure how they could possibly be "anti-Irish"? Seriously? Demanding the Irish swear an Oath of Allegiance to their cult? Their Crown Forces? Their Crown prisons? Their Crown torture?

Oh, yes, "the British crown is not political" comedy from the very people who go nuts if all those explicitly political and colonial institutions have the prefix "Royal" removed.

Third cousins is distant. Jesus, you do joy making one plus one equal three.

When were you last told to swear an oath of allegiance to the crown? How is a prison anti Irish ffs?

This is childish, even by your standards.

• Advertisement
Advertisement