Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIM suddenly not working

Options
  • 19-06-2018 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭

Hi I took my sim out to try on my mums new phone as hers was not recognised by new phone. It didn't work so I just reinserted it back into my own phone, now it keeps saying no sim card no service. I've tried taking it out and putting it back in numerous times but it's not working. I have no use of my phone at the moment, and I need it for work. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
    Can't get through on landline, got cut off hold twice

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

thalia_13 wrote: »
    Hi I took my sim out to try on my mums new phone as hers was not recognised by new phone. It didn't work so I just reinserted it back into my own phone, now it keeps saying no sim card no service. I've tried taking it out and putting it back in numerous times but it's not working. I have no use of my phone at the moment, and I need it for work. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
    Can't get through on landline, got cut off hold twice
    Hi thalia_13, 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your SIM. 

The best advice I can offer is to go into your local store, they'll be able to investigate the issue and offer a replacement SIM there and then if it's required.  

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

Hi tracey

I eventually got it sorted yesterday after a new sim and sim swap that took 24hrs to complete.  My phone worked perfectly until this morning, I can no longer access the internet, it appears my phone will not connect.  I have used wifi earlier to download settings for internet and mms , just incase that was an issue but it did not resolve the issue.
    I tried searching for networks and selecting a different one (2g/3g/4g) but that does not work either. 
    The loss of my phone for 24 hours impacted my work enough this week, and now I cannot use the data today, which I also need for work as i do not have access to wifi for the best part of the day when working. 
    Please can you resolve this ASAP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

thalia_13 wrote: »
    Hi tracey

I eventually got it sorted yesterday after a new sim and sim swap that took 24hrs to complete.  My phone worked perfectly until this morning, I can no longer access the internet, it appears my phone will not connect.  I have used wifi earlier to download settings for internet and mms , just incase that was an issue but it did not resolve the issue.
    I tried searching for networks and selecting a different one (2g/3g/4g) but that does not work either. 
    The loss of my phone for 24 hours impacted my work enough this week, and now I cannot use the data today, which I also need for work as i do not have access to wifi for the best part of the day when working. 
    Please can you resolve this ASAP
    Hi thalia_13 ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

Advertisement