Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Number porting

Options
  • 19-06-2018 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭

I was an eircom/eir customer for many years until Imagine Broadband could provide me faster internet. I changed to them and ported my PSTN number across. 

Recently Eir have rolled out Fibre so I had it installed. I have cancelled my Imagine Broadband a/c, instructed them to release the number and notified Eir of my wish to have the number ported back.

Eir are now telling me the number cannot be ported back as it is now a VOIP number.

My understanding was that if it was originally was a PSTN number this was possible (but not if the number existed as a PSTN number)

Can someone clarify this please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

jayo99 wrote: »
    I was an eircom/eir customer for many years until Imagine Broadband could provide me faster internet. I changed to them and ported my PSTN number across. 

Recently Eir have rolled out Fibre so I had it installed. I have cancelled my Imagine Broadband a/c, instructed them to release the number and notified Eir of my wish to have the number ported back.

Eir are now telling me the number cannot be ported back as it is now a VOIP number.

My understanding was that if it was originally was a PSTN number this was possible (but not if the number existed as a PSTN number)

Can someone clarify this please? 
    Hi jayo00, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. 

Feel free to PM me your account number, full name on the account, date of birth and confirm the number with the other service provider and I will clarify this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭jayo99

Just a word of warning to anyone else who deals with the salespeople @ eir.

Don't believe what they tell you.

I was told by the sales guy that I could transfer my number - no problem. 

This now turns out not to be the case and I have lost the number I have had for the past 10 years.

nice job !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

jayo99 wrote: »
    Just a word of warning to anyone else who deals with the salespeople @ eir.

Don't believe what they tell you.

I was told by the sales guy that I could transfer my number - no problem. 

This now turns out not to be the case and I have lost the number I have had for the past 10 years.

nice job !
    I completely understand your frustration here jayo99. 

I'm sorry it wasn't better news and apologies for all inconvenience caused. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement