Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asylum refugee threads .

• 19-06-2018 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

Boards has been very effective in closing all threads related to Refugees ,asylum seekers and migrants .No free speech .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,257 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I'd imagine they're closing them because there's already loads. New ones are effectively spam.

like this one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭rgossip30

I cannot find any threads in a search unless you can show me .
    So its now spam to have any debate on such issues in your opinion .

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Campogna

rgossip30 wrote: »
    Boards has been very effective in closing all threads related to Refugees ,asylum seekers and migrants .No free speech .

We don't have free speech in this country bud and boards is a business that can do whatever it wants. Thanks for the utterly useless thread.

Why useless ?

why do you get upset at the very mention of migrants etc .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057881290

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057863382

here's 2 to start you off.

Also, I'd imagine if you started a thread with properly phrased, non agenda filled and somewhat well thought out opening that adds something new or interesting it's probably unlikely to be shut down.

If, on the other hand, you start a thread ranting and raving about 'ermagerd they're taking our jobs and our woman' then there's really not much of a chance it'll live long.
    (and rightly so)

I cannot find any threads in a search unless you can show me .
    So its now spam to have any debate on such issues in your opinion .

tenor.gif?itemid=4679240

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

They usually turn onto cesspits so I'd say those types of threads aren't encouraged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,441 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

wexie wrote: »
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057881290

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057863382

here's 2 to start you off.

Also, I'd imagine if you started a thread with properly phrased, non agenda filled and somewhat well thought out opening that adds something new or interesting it's probably unlikely to be shut down.

If, on the other hand, you start a thread ranting and raving about 'ermagerd they're taking our jobs and our woman' then there's really not much of a chance it'll live long.
    (and rightly so)

Neither of those are asylum threads?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

There have been loads already, they were all clusterf*cks.

And yes there is no free speech on boards. There is a terms of use that you agree to when signing up :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,441 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I've never seen an asylum thread either,now that he mentions it.

kneemos wrote: »
    Neither of those are asylum threads?

Could have fooled me.....mmmmmaybe they didn't start of like it.....

but who knows, I stopped reading them a while ago, generally on these threads the sensible posters leave after a few pages and it becomes a bit of a circle jerk of the usual suspects, Leaving Odhinn and Captain Obvious and a few other ones trying to reason with them.

OP has form.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=103652857

If you do a search in AH by term asylum in title only, there's loads of threads. that's how I found this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,131 ✭✭✭Odhinn

I blame the Brits.

Odhinn wrote: »
    I blame the Brits.

there's one of them rabble rousers now

rolling-on-the-floor-laughing_1f923.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Blaas4life

Could have fooled me.....mmmmmaybe they didn't start of like it.....

but who knows, I stopped reading them a while ago, generally on these threads the sensible posters leave after a few pages and it becomes a bit of a circle jerk of the usual suspects, Leaving Odhin and Captain Obvious and a few other ones trying to reason with them.

I kinda miss them terrorist attacks threads :-/

Boys be queuing up foaming at the mouth breathing hard to rant and rave.....and someone would walk in and say sure there was a natural diaster/accident that killed more the same day etc etc.....and everyone would just lose their sh1t :D:D lolz

Grayson the thread was closed ? I got form?

Yes. You've got form. At opening threads complaining about how boards is censoring you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Odhinn wrote: »
    I blame the Brits.

I blame the fake news alt right libtard leftie feminazi global elite jewish muslim asylum seeking illegal migrant North African EU travelers. To quote the great Kinky Friedman, is there anyone I missed?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I found a few others that you started :)

• Advertisement

I blame the fake news alt right libtard leftie feminazi global elite jewish muslim asylum seeking illegal migrant North African EU travelers. To quote the great Kinky Friedman, is there anyone I missed?

Yeah man, you left out the entire LGBTQI+* community.

What's wrong with you?
    Are you some kind of bigot?

:D

(*insert other letters and or numbers as appropriate)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Do you mean you can't find any such threads? Or do you mean you've been reading a thread and later went back to find it had been closed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

What is this? I mean if I can't spam 20 new threads on refugees each day is this even America anymore? I know my constitution and I have freedom of speech and you can't oppress me like this! Next thing you know these Hilary loser-liberals will be trying to take our guns away!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Seriously how could you leaves out SJWs and PC gone mad?

Yeah man, you left out the entire LGBTQI+* community.

What's wrong with you?
    Are you some kind of bigot?

:D

(*insert other letters and or numbers as appropriate)

And crypto islamofascist. I feel left out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

MOD I'm closing this one up, OP you have a few threads over the last while in relation to "Mods" censoring you, if you have an issue then bring it to the helpdesk/feedback.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement