Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which PS4?

Options
  • 19-06-2018 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

I am debating getting a PS4 for the exclusives, GOW, Spider Man, Last of Us.

I have a launch XBONE, Switch and PC for most games. If I was to go for a PS4 what would you recommend? I dont have a 4K screen. So should I go for a 500gb, 1TB, Slim, or Pro?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,614 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I have a launch XBONE, Switch and PC for most games. If I was to go for a PS4 what would you recommend? I dont have a 4K screen. So should I go for a 500gb, 1TB, Slim, or Pro?

If you're only going to be mostly using it for the exclusives and you don't have a 4K screen, your best bet is just the 500GB Slim. Spend the extra money on games.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,976 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

But, you can also future proof yourself and get a Pro!

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

I think the 1tb slim tends to be about 50euro more then a 500gb slim considering a 1tb external hdd costs about 30 euro these days I would buy a slim 500gb +1tb external hdd and swap the drives so you have a 500gb external drive and a 1tb slim.
    A pro is just a bit more future proof you will get slightly better performance in some games but you will really notice it if you upgrade to a 4ktv in the future or decide to get psvr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

Go for the Pro for the sake of a few quid

Get the standard ps4, 500gb isn't really enough so pick up the 1tb version.
    No point getting a Pro to futureproof when the ps4 is at the end of its life cycle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It's totally subjective, if you can easily afford it the pro is the way to go. A standard model is perfectly adequate. Like most things you only notice the difference if you downgrade and even then you learn to live with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,976 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Get the standard ps4, 500gb isn't really enough so pick up the 1tb version.
    No point getting a Pro to futureproof when the ps4 is at the end of its life cycle.

About 3 more years is still quite a long time, and even after the PS5 comes out, the 4 will still be supported for a while!

But, as others have said, it's subjective! You do what you wanna do OP! You're a strong independent poster who don't need no... ah... Mods?

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

All the posts here are like the internal debate thats going on in my head! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,614 ✭✭✭✭Penn

All the posts here are like the internal debate thats going on in my head! :D:D

I suppose ultimately it comes down to how much you're willing to spend. If cost isn't really that much of an issue, go for the Pro. If cost is an issue or you'd rather not spend too much, go with the base model.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,925 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

If connectivity is a factor for you, the Pro has three USB ports (two at the front and one at the back). The USB port at the back is handy for connecting portable hard drives to.

The slim model only has two USB ports, both at the front.

• Advertisement
Advertisement