Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daft.ie incorrect location on map

Options
  • 19-06-2018 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

I am looking for a house on behalf of my aunt. I spotted a house I know for sale. A day later I see it with another EA - different pics -15k dearer but the most annoying thing is the map shows its on a better side if the road that has a view. Two questions- why give it to two EA? Is that not false advertising putting it on better side if road?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Glass fused light

Jack53 wrote: »
    I am looking for a house on behalf of my aunt. I spotted a house I know for sale. A day later I see it with another EA - different pics -15k dearer but the most annoying thing is the map shows its on a better side if the road that has a view. Two questions- why give it to two EA? Is that not false advertising putting it on better side if road?

1) the owner wants to sell the house ?

2) who buys a house without looking at it, anyway they will have a note to disclaim errors which would be as a result of a staff member making a data entry error on the web page

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jack53

1) the owner wants to sell the house ?

2) who buys a house without looking at it, anyway they will have a note to disclaim errors which would be as a result of a staff member making a data entry error on the web page

I told the ea and she said ‘oh I must fix that ‘ she never did.
    I know you wouldn’t buy without looking but it would generate an interest if the house had the beautiful sea view and wasn’t overlooked - the actual house has no view , overlooked and no garden. Photos are very cutely done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

They’ll do anything to sell a house.

Some examples in my own area

Milestone Thurles Co Tipperary (Closer to Limerick than Thurles)

Killenaule Thurles Co Tipperary (South Tipperary, Thurles is North Tipperary)

Borrisoleigh Thurles Co Tipperary (Templemore District)

It’s wrong . I’m in Dublin scrolling through daft and going to set up viewings in west cork for an aunt. You should be above to depend on the map showing where it is do you can zoom in . Saves a 4 hour drive !

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

It’s wrong . I’m in Dublin scrolling through daft and going to set up viewings in west cork for an aunt. You should be above to depend on the map showing where it is do you can zoom in . Saves a 4 hour drive !

Or type the address into Google Maps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

The maps on daft.ie are often inaccurate

Can you find it on google maps?

But please. never ever take a property without seeing it. I did that trusting landlord and agent as it meant a 6 hour drive each way. Had i viewed it would not have taken it as they had misrepresented the situation. It was not online either, a first letting.

Make the drive and then you can see the neighbourhood too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Glass fused light

kceire wrote: »
    Or type the address into Google Maps?

Always and then go to the coco and snoop in the planning section.

Always and then go to the coco and snoop in the planning section.

You see, a lot of the houses I’m looking at are cottages bungalows on country roads so I’m unsure I’m looking at the house on sale or a neighbours

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭wench

Ask for the Eircode, that should get you the specific property.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

There is a "Report This Ad" button on daft.ie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

Victor wrote: »
    There is a "Report This Ad" button on daft.ie.

That’s not the point of the button. That’s for false ads that are possibly frausters. Putting pin in wrong spot on map will never not get you anywhere with Daft.

That’s not the point of the button. That’s for false ads that are possibly frausters. Putting pin in wrong spot on map will never not get you anywhere with Daft.
    I disagree.
    Report This Ad
    Wrong Address: Ad has wrong address
    Duplicate: Identical to another ad on-site
    Mis-Classified: Ad is in the wrong section
    Inaccurate: No longer available / price changed
    Photo Issue: Photos are inappropriate or do not belong to this property
    Spam: Ad description is not for this property
    Mapping: Property is mapped inaccurately
    Scam: Ad looks fraudulent
    Equality Guidelines: Ad contains discriminatory content
    Other: Other reason, please specify

More Info:
    Please help us by providing a short description of the problem with this ad

Seeing as every house has an eircode perhaps daft should list it on the house they selling .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭wally79

It happens

There’s a 3 bed in tramore, Waterford available just off kilmacud road apparently

At 199k it’s great value for the area

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

Seeing as every house has an eircode perhaps daft should list it on the house they selling .

Daft don’t sell houses. Those that do can put Eric off into the address field if they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

The agent tried that and located a ruin!

Two weeks later. I'm sorry to report you are correct. I reported 8 properties, each with a visibly wrong postal district. Two are no longer listed, while the rest weren't fixed.

7 Limekiln Drive, (House & Site With O.P.P), Terenure, Dublin 6, D12 W280 - no longer listed
    70 Swanward Court, Parnell Road, Harold's Cross, Dublin 6, D12 T271 - not fixed
    50 Priory Way, Terenure, Dublin 6, D12 T8KK - not fixed

89 Harold\'s Cross Road, Harold's Cross, Dublin 6 D6W DP95 - not fixed
    97 Whitehall Road, Terenure, Dublin 6 D12 A3X5 - not fixed
    29 Churchfields, Milltown, Dublin 6 D14 A3H5 - no longer listed
    21 Churchfields, Milltown, Dublin 6 D14 R9W0 - not fixed
    4 Fernhill Park. Manor Estate. Terenure. Dublin, Terenure, Dublin 6 D12 F744 - not fixed

Victor wrote: »
    Two weeks later. I'm sorry to report you are correct. I reported 8 properties, each with a visibly wrong postal district. Two are no longer listed, while the rest weren't fixed.

7 Limekiln Drive, (House & Site With O.P.P), Terenure, Dublin 6, D12 W280 - no longer listed
    70 Swanward Court, Parnell Road, Harold's Cross, Dublin 6, D12 T271 - not fixed
    50 Priory Way, Terenure, Dublin 6, D12 T8KK - not fixed

89 Harold\'s Cross Road, Harold's Cross, Dublin 6 D6W DP95 - not fixed
    97 Whitehall Road, Terenure, Dublin 6 D12 A3X5 - not fixed
    29 Churchfields, Milltown, Dublin 6 D14 A3H5 - no longer listed
    21 Churchfields, Milltown, Dublin 6 D14 R9W0 - not fixed
    4 Fernhill Park. Manor Estate. Terenure. Dublin, Terenure, Dublin 6 D12 F744 - not fixed

I have my eye on a house in cork - one estate agent has it on the correct side of road. They the sellers give it to another agent and they put it on the better side of road ( the side with a fab view). Surely that’s not right . The first pic is deceptive too so on first look you’d say of a lovely house with a view! Dishonest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Why report it? When I was looking, I loved seeing the wrong location listed, particularly if it was shown to be in a worse location than it actually was in. Odds were that it was putting my competition off

Advertisement