Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apply for large loan, not BOI Customer

Options
  • 19-06-2018 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

HI,

I'm wondering if it's possible to apply for a larger loan without banking with BOI?

I am currently an AIB customer but have had serious issues with them (Fraud and Admitting ICB Faults). I am looking to switch away from them now but have a loan of 14K out with them, also require a new loan of 17K for personal reasons, so am looking to see if BOI would consider a loan of 33K, without me banking with them. Obviously if the loan was granted, I could pay off my existing AIB loan and switch not only my bank account, but savings accounts and credit card also.

I understand the loan will depend on other factors such as income etc, but just want to know if they would support a non BOI customer applying for a loan? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

MFlack2012 wrote: »
    HI,

I'm wondering if it's possible to apply for a larger loan without banking with BOI?

I am currently an AIB customer but have had serious issues with them (Fraud and Admitting ICB Faults). I am looking to switch away from them now but have a loan of 14K out with them, also require a new loan of 17K for personal reasons, so am looking to see if BOI would consider a loan of 33K, without me banking with them. Obviously if the loan was granted, I could pay off my existing AIB loan and switch not only my bank account, but savings accounts and credit card also.

I understand the loan will depend on other factors such as income etc, but just want to know if they would support a non BOI customer applying for a loan?

Hi MFlack2012,

Thanks for your post.

Yes you can apply for a loan without being a Bank of Ireland customer. Each loan would be considered on a case by case basis. To discuss this further, please get in touch with our Lending team on 0818 200 334 or 01-4044034 and an advisor will be happy to go through this with you. We have more information on our Personal loan on our website here.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement