Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Brother 20 (USA)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

High tech update? Ugh.

Have a vague idea of what some of the twists in store are.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Sounds like social media spin.

Sounds sh*te.

On a semi related note, anyone bothered with the amazing race with the recent large amount of BB cross over?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Sounds sh*te.

On a semi related note, anyone bothered with the amazing race with the recent large amount of BB cross over?

I think The Amazing Race is grossly underappreciated. One of the best Reality shows going and even when the cast are 'meh' the concept still works regardless. I actually must watch a few more of the International Versions (I think I saw the first two Amazing Race Canada seasons, and a season of Amazing Race Australia, but must get back in to those ones). Been watching the US version since Season 9 and never miss a season.

As for Big Brother, I hope this season is a good one, because the last few haven't been great and my interest in the show is waning as a result. I do think the Celebrity Version in January/February was great though.

I'll definitely check out the series they're currently filming based on the cast. If that goes well I'll go back and look at the most recent one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭pooch90

I loved TAR with Cody and Jess from BB USA. Is there more BB people in new season?

pooch90 wrote: »
    I loved TAR with Cody and Jess from BB USA. Is there more BB people in new season?

I believe it's a full Big Brother season of TAR, if I remember correctly. Cody and Jess were fantastic on it.

It's a full cast of returning CBS reality TV contestants. I believe its

4 couples from BB (some good, some great)
    3 couples from Survivor (some not so great)
    The rest from TAR

Oh wow! I'll definitely be watching so! Any idea of a start date?

Pluses and minuses....

Pluses - great group of people. Some really smart people too, which should make for some great game play. Some very pretty girls too. :o

Minuses - the tech theme is horrible. Covering everything in a shiny grey sheet does not represent tech. That stupid robot is stupid.

Could be a good season if they tone that stuff back.

• Advertisement

Episode 2 good. Weak nominees.

Robot is still f**king stupid.

After first impressions, the cast seems a lot better than the last few seasons. Sadly, those were the obvious first week nominees, which is unfortunate because both seem like decent characters - hopefully one of them can win PoV so both could potentially stay; there's much more obvious cannon fodder that could be disposed of this week.

Some drama in the house. JC seems like a pervy prick and 2 of the girls have racist tendancies. BB has warned them for inappropriate behaviour.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/cbs-big-brother-warns-future-consequences-inappropriate-behavior/

It has settled down into standard Big Brother (complete with alliances and stupid alliance names) :)

The appstore is a very clever idea. If the public like you, you get rewarded. If the public don't like you, you get punished. It will push the houseguests to play the game hard and it should hopefully discourage floaters.

It's more if the public are talking about you then you get a reward and if they are not you get a punishment. I believe there's no distinction between positive and negative responses.

As twists go it's not the worst but it gives production massive powers in shifting the game based on the edit.

Never thought of the edit. Good point. Yikes.

Catching up, just saw the last eviction episode. Swiggy... shuggy... whatever his name is - he wasn't too happy. He honestly thought he was going to go deep into the season.

Had to laugh at Rachel's tie-breaker answer - a ton of calculations and she came up with more than 3 hours. :pac:

Season is a bit dull.

Flew through the last season of TAR and really enjoyed it. I'm shocked at how much my opinion on Cody & Jess has changed since the opening few weeks of BB19.

Yeah a bit dull so far alright. I haven't watched the latest one yet, but the 3 powers in play have a good chance of mixing things up.

I actually threw in the towel on this season after the first week and just dropped in here to see if I was missing out on "the greatest season ever" or something, but looks like I may have made the right decision. I think I've just been spoiled by The Challenge, Survivor, The Amazing Race etc. that Big Brother just doesn't have the same pull anymore and has gotten stale compared to the others which have been going for just as long. I'll probably still watch the Celebrity version as it's only a 3 week commitment rather than 10 weeks, and another All-Star season could probably lure me back too. At one point BB US was priority viewing, but the last couple of seasons have been such a let down unfortunately. Season 16, with Derrick, was probably the last great season.

• Advertisement

Ah I'll keep watching it anyway.
    It's background TV while I'm playing the Switch though, chewing gum for the brain and pretty mindless stuff overall.
    Doesn't require much concentration.

I'm really enjoying this season but it'll probably lose some appeal after Thursday's eviction.

I think that was the first really good week. Sam put two pretty girls up because she was jealous of their relationship with Fessy. Fessy 'loves' the two girls. Promises to each of them to keep them safe if he gets picked for (and wins) the veto. I think BB loaded the Veto bag with House Guests Choice tokens and it paid off. Fessy got picked. Decided he was going to go for the win (to protect himself) - total muppet. The fallout was fun though. :)

Very enjoyable week. Definitely raised my interest.

I think it's a good cast with little meddling from production.

Kaitlyn was giving us some great TV. Real shame she's gone. They tried to make it as easy as possible for her with that ridiculous puzzle but she freaked out.

The only big weakness of the season so far is that one side of the house has their **** together and the other is a mess.

Another strong week. This season is a really good mix of strong players who know what they're doing, strong characters who inevitably mess up their game due to stupid decisions and a few weak players that are still interesting enough to watch.

That hacker competition was great, but it's a bit overpowered. :o

It sets up another good week though... this has turned into a great season.

Great veto episode (despite that muppet Jessie). Loved the veto meeting at the end. :)

It would have been an epic veto if Angela wasn't totally wrong about Bayleigh being the Hacker. But I hope they get B out, even though Rockstar absolutely wrecks my head!!

Decent eviction episode (I won't spoil it for you). I like who won the HoH too - I know who their target will be next week! :)

• Advertisement

This season is fun with the HoH swinging from side to side.

Looks like Sam was on the verge of walking out on Thursday too.

I wonder will JC look at aligning himself with the weaker side of the house.

Advertisement