Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it legal to get a car bumper replicated in China and sell them in the EU

Options
  • 19-06-2018 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi I hope someone can answer my question.

I am planning on getting a car bumper made in China as in Ireland all you can buy is fibreglass bumpers for this particular car. Is it legal for me sell these spurious bumpers or could I get sued

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Jfahy22 wrote: »
    Hi I hope someone can answer my question.

I am planning on getting a car bumper made in China as in Ireland all you can buy is fibreglass bumpers for this particular car. Is it legal for me sell these spurious bumpers or could I get sued

Have a read of this

https://newrepublic.com/article/122820/infuriating-reason-car-repairs-are-so-expensive

So first you’d need to check if the bumper is patented. If it’s not, then go ahead. If it is, then you’d have to make significant modifications to make your bumper different to their patent.

Then you might run into safety issues. You might need to get your new bumper tested that it complies with god knows what regulation.

Then you’ll need to insure yourself in case your part is deemed responsible for any accident it may be involved in.

Hope you have deep pockets.

Advertisement