Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Increments,whats happening with them?

Options
  • 19-06-2018 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭

What are the new "increment dates"?
    June 2017 saw the freeze on increments stopped after ASTI rowed back on their industrial action and teachers moved up to the next increment they were due (after being frozen out for ages!).
    Was there a date set for the re commencement of increments after that initial June 2017 date? Should it not have been June 2018?
    If not,why not? Some teachers have been stuck in no mans land now for quite a few years.There seems to be a deafening silence from the Unions on this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭trebormurf

10th June for ASTI members

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Got guts of increment, I'm assuming due to over lap between date applied and pay period. I wonder will we see another one before Xmas. Asti were meant to be sorting it so increments would go back to same times they always came. Still one point on scale due before Xmas.

Got guts of increment, I'm assuming due to over lap between date applied and pay period. I wonder will we see another one before Xmas. Asti were meant to be sorting it so increments would go back to same times they always came. Still one point on scale due before Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Starkystark

Got a measly €40 extra. Hope next pay cheque minus overlap will be better. Probably won’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

judeboy101 wrote: »

Excuse my ignorance, how did you get the guts of increment?? I thought you had to have 600 hours worked before you could get an increment. Maybe it's different if you are permanent.

• Advertisement

judeboy101 wrote: »

Excuse my ignorance, how did you get the guts of increment?? I thought you had to have 600 hours worked before you could get an increment. Maybe it's different if you are permanent.
    Bad phrasing , I'm cid and my pay range only include 9/14 ths of the increase, I'm assuming ill get the full amount ~55 quid in next payslip

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

11 euro after tax. Might buy an avocado because I'll certainly not be buying a house.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I am TUI and think our next increments are the 1st March.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    11 euro after tax. Might buy an avocado because I'll certainly not be buying a house.

Lucky bastard. Just the €8 myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭gaiscioch

Mardy Bum wrote: »

Dream on. €12 for avocado toast in South William Street, with the felicitious comment from the reviewer, 'Get your wallet at the ready and kiss goodbye to your dream home, 'cos this one'll set you back €12.' hehe.

I got €16.13 before deductions so that's about €2 after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭gaiscioch

Got a measly €40 extra. Hope next pay cheque minus overlap will be better. Probably won’t.

Measly? Miwadis are on Starky.

Not many MiWadis today! I don’t think i even got the increment included this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ethical

Got the increment in the sense that I moved up a number,no money though,as I'm stuck in "no mans land",roll on the next 12 months !(I'm sure Leo and Paschal will have thought of something else by then to stop me progressing!)

ethical wrote: »
    Got the increment in the sense that I moved up a number,no money though,as I'm stuck in "no mans land",roll on the next 12 months !(I'm sure Leo and Paschal will have thought of something else by then to stop me progressing!)

No mans land is right. I actually don’t think I can stick another year of this. Teaching my students from Sept-May. Serving them food June, July and August. Love my job but but not at all enjoying the life it’s brought.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Nellieelephant

Due to all the increment freezes and such delaying tactics I am of the firm belief that I will never see the top of the scale. Climbing Mount Everest seems like a more realistic target for me right now 😒

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭theoldbreed

Can someone please explain to me why I got my increment in June's pay cheque and moved up scale but in the last pay cheque I got more money again? Why two increases? Not complaining, just curious!

Can someone please explain to me why I got my increment in June's pay cheque and moved up scale but in the last pay cheque I got more money again? Why two increases? Not complaining, just curious!

The increment was spread over 2 pay periods. I got 20 increase in one paychek , went up one Pt on scale, next pay check same scale but pay up 50

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

The first increase happened mid way through a pay cycle. So you were getting the lower pay for some days and then higher pay then for the last few days of the fortnight. Then, next time, you were on the higher rate for the whole fortnight so more money!

Advertisement