Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charity collectors outside business

Options
  • 19-06-2018 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi

Does anybody know the rules regarding charity/ collectors outside of a trading business ?

The charity act states they have to be in a public place.
    They are directly outside certain businesses annoying people.

Anybody any info on this ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

if there outside in a public area such as the street I think they are ok however if they are outside a business in the likes of a retail park or shopping centre then they have to have permission. I know this happens alot outside my local Lidl alot and another larger Lidl nearby. Both are in privately owned "shopping areas" but the collectors stand away from the doors but cant be missed either. Neither area has security or someone to move them on. Any of the very well known charities wouldnt have their people on private property without permission or the relevant paperwork

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

They are collecting cash?

Is this actually a charity?

Do they have a permit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

They are collecting cash?

Is this actually a charity?

Do they have a permit?

Charities? They are a very convenient loophole in that you can have a business with a charitable function.
    You can register as a charity as long as you give something to charity. Remember that vulture fund? Buying up distressed houses while registered as a charity?

Then there are the charities that sound like registered charities and are really families collecting for themselves under the guise of charity. Total con.

Advertisement