Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage interest

Options
  • 19-06-2018 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭

Any reason why a fixed term mortgage interest would be slightly higher this quarter as oppose to previous months? Only 20 add euro, but still . AIB quarterly interest came in today and I just noticed it's higher than has been in 6 months or so, one would assume it should be going down

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Yourmama

Previous months were shorter, I.e. February. Interest is calculated daily and quarter length vary between 90 - 92 days

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mike3549

dar100 wrote: »
    Any reason why a fixed term mortgage interest would be slightly higher this quarter as oppose to previous months? Only 20 add euro, but still . AIB quarterly interest came in today and I just noticed it's higher than has been in 6 months or so, one would assume it should be going down

Im on variable but i always get quarter interest in june higher than other months.
    We closed in june and i always thought that has something to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭pasquale83

I made regular over payments and I was surprised that this month when I got my quarterly interested debited they where of the same amount as last quarter. I was expecting them to get lower and lower across the year if I keep making over payments. is that correct? do you think the 2 days more of Q2 compensate for the decrease due to over payments?

Advertisement