Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When did Boards turn into Stormfront.

Options
  • 19-06-2018 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭

The ongoing thread "Is it racist to hate the traveler community?" is a step too far in my opinion. Travellers are recognised as an ethnic race by law.

If I started a thread entitled "Is it racist to hate the black community?" or "Is it racist to hate the Asian community?" it would be shut down immediately.

Why is this allowed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I'd suggest that you use the report post function & explain to the mods why you have an issue with it. Give them time to take any action that the may deem necessary. Taking your issue straight to Help Desk is jumping the gun a wee bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭AfterLife

With all due respect there is an active thread on the busiest forum on this site abusing a racial minority. I have no intention of reporting it to the 10 mods who are letting it happen. I'm sure at least 1 of them is aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

AfterLife wrote: »
    The ongoing thread "Is it racist to hate the traveler community?" is a step too far in my opinion. Travellers are recognised as an ethnic race by law.

If I started a thread entitled "Is it racist to hate the black community?" or "Is it racist to hate the Asian community?" it would be shut down immediately.

Why is this allowed?

I don't think those potential threads would be shut down if the conversation is sensible.

You don't like the thread don't click into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

AfterLife wrote: »
    With all due respect there is an active thread on the busiest forum on this site abusing a racial minority. I have no intention of reporting it to the 10 mods who are letting it happen. I'm sure at least 1 of them is aware.
    Maybe they don't see the issues that you see & have a different view of the discussion. If you report the post & let them know your own feelings about the thread they may come around to your way of thinking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

It doesn't take an active mod to see the issue with right wing trolls in AH. Even if you exclude the rereg accounts that appear so frequently, there are one and two year old accounts popping into controversial threads with poor English skills to argue right wing ideals. Has anything been done to ensure Boards isn't the victim of Russian trolling?

• Advertisement
Advertisement