Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting a land-line to property options

Options
  • 19-06-2018 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

Hi

I recently agreed with an Eir salesperson ( in store) about the purchase of broadband for a rural property without a land line in place at present.
    It was on the condition that I was present ( Weekend only) to discuss with the installer before any work went ahead as I don't want any cable ' fixed' to the exterior of the property but offered the option of myself burying a pipe to take the cable into the house completely hidden so to speak.
    After getting an appointment date for installation on a week day I was told they don't work Weekends which is fair enough so I cancelled.

My question is, I'd like Eir ( if possible/allowed) to run their cable to an outbuilding where I can have a duct/pipe underground and running up inside the house wall into the attic space. Is this an option and could it be agreed beforehand?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Thespoofer wrote: »
    Hi

I recently agreed with an Eir salesperson ( in store) about the purchase of broadband for a rural property without a land line in place at present.
    It was on the condition that I was present ( Weekend only) to discuss with the installer before any work went ahead as I don't want any cable ' fixed' to the exterior of the property but offered the option of myself burying a pipe to take the cable into the house completely hidden so to speak.
    After getting an appointment date for installation on a week day I was told they don't work Weekends which is fair enough so I cancelled.

My question is, I'd like Eir ( if possible/allowed) to run their cable to an outbuilding where I can have a duct/pipe underground and running up inside the house wall into the attic space. Is this an option and could it be agreed beforehand?

Thanks
    Hi Thespoofer, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. 

I'm sorry to hear about the misunderstanding with your order, the appointments for installation are not carried out on weekends.  

Unfortunately, this isn't something that can be agreed upon beforehand, an order would need to be placed with our sales team on 1800 503 30 first. A site survey will then be carried out within 10 working days to assess the situation at the premises. You can discuss your options with the technician at this point and see if this is a process that we can put in place for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement