Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on sending bulk email.

Options
  • 19-06-2018 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Apologies if this is the wrong forum for this post!

I help a friend run a small business with a very small budget. We currently need to send approx 2000 emails every couple of months inviting people to events and their response needs to be tracked. I have been using Mailchimp and then manually adding the data from their reply into a spreadsheet. Our subscriber list is growing and we found that alot of people are not getting the mails or they are going directly to their spam so am looking at other options other than MailChimp.

I have searched through here prior to posting and see MailGun as an option among others but my knowledge in this area is limited so rather than sign up with a few providers and then realise they're not suitable, I'd like to get some feedback on what best to use based on our needs.

We don't have a website it's all done through email/social media and the budget is zero so I'm hoping to manage based on the free options offered. If it's a case where we are better off opting in to a monthly subscription I'll definitely take it into consideration but this area is completely new to me so all suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

It sounds like the root problem is your emails going to spam. The mail content is likely a significant contributor to this and so changing provider won't fix this.

You can use https://www.mail-tester.com/ to check your email's spam score.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kash00

Thanks for the reply. I'll definitely do that before I send our next mail. Just wondering about MailGun as an alternative. Does that work like Mailchimp where I can upload a list and send a mail or is it just for developers to use with a site/application?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

You need to diagnose the problem properly before trying changes. As per daymo's post, your issue is much more likely to be with your mail content than MailChimp which is pretty solid and very likely nothing to do with the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Kash00 wrote: »
    Does that work like Mailchimp where I can upload a list and send a mail or is it just for developers to use with a site/application?
    Mailgun doesn't have the nice interface that MailChimp has. I think that you'd have to create your email content elsewhere and that could be tough because email clients are so varied in what they support and how they display content. Stick with MailChimp for the moment and find the root issue.

Advertisement