Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saddle bag - recommendations?

Options
  • 19-06-2018 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭

Need to replace my saddle bag and looking for some recommendations please. I am looking for a strap-on small - medium sized bag. Thinking of the Topeak Aero Wedge strap-on bag, but not sure. Any recommendations would be welcome, thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭saccades

Lezyne loaded caddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭mirrormatrix

Topeak aero wedge is a very good bag. Solid connection, no rocking about. I have the medium I think and comfortably fit two tubes, levers, gas canisters and some gels in there. I've found that I much prefer having everything in the saddle bag than stuffing my jersey pockets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Ortlieb, I've the medium one which is quite big, but Im sure the small would be more than adequate for a couple of tubes, tyre irons, multi tool and a packable jacket.
    I get all that and spare gloves, sun cream and more into mine! Its totally waterproof and the attachment to the seat is excellent. Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I've the medium topeak aero wedge, but the quick clip version, which is really easy to remove.

I can easily fit in two tubes, two cannisters, minipump, mini tool, levers, and an emergency gel even at minimum size/ zipped up/ not extended. I also prefer to keep my pockets free, for food in my case!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭jamesd

Went with the tool bottle cage, fit in it the below and changed my water bottle to a 1000ml bottle and top up at stops if needed.
    2 * 25mm CO2's
    Hand Pump
    CO2 head
    1 Tube
    Glueless patch * 4 and tyre boot
    Chain link
    Multitool with chain breaker
    Pair of rubber gloves
    Tyre levers

Keeps my pockets free, for longer spins I keep a 2nd tube in jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Maidhci

Topeak aero wedge is a very good bag. Solid connection, no rocking about. I have the medium I think and comfortably fit two tubes, levers, gas canisters and some gels in there. I've found that I much prefer having everything in the saddle bag than stuffing my jersey pockets.

Thank you for this mirrormatrix - It seems to be good bag and was the first option on my list, but it is always helpful to hear from someone who has one on their bike. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Maidhci

Thank you all for the various recommendations, very helpful. I have decided to order the Topeak Aero Wedge, it seems to fit all my requirements - tube, gloves, phone, 2 food bars are all that I usually carry and this seems sufficient to comfortably carry these. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭harringtonp

Maidhci wrote: »
    Need to replace my saddle bag and looking for some recommendations please. I am looking for a strap-on small - medium sized bag. Thinking of the Topeak Aero Wedge strap-on bag, but not sure. Any recommendations would be welcome, thank you.

That's one of the best bags out there IMO. I've bought all 4 sizes over the years

Advertisement