Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spend excess credit

Options
  • 19-06-2018 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭

I have a payg sim in an alarm panel. I top it up regularly, to keep it active, but there is very little usage. I have built up a lot of credit. Is there any way I can use this credit?
    E.g on an other payg phone.

Thanks , Cerco

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Cerco wrote: »
    I have a payg sim in an alarm panel. I top it up regularly, to keep it active, but there is very little usage. I have built up a lot of credit. Is there any way I can use this credit?
    E.g on an other payg phone.

Thanks , Cerco
    Hi Cerco ,

Unfortunately, pay as you credit is non-transferable.

If you were to take the sim out and put it in a phone you could use the credit on calls, texts & data.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

Thread here on all the things to do with excess credit
    https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057869861/13/#post107307500

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

sugarman wrote: »
    Only 3 and Vodafone support carrier billing as that thread title suggests.

Maybe get a second sim OP, alternate it every few months to use the credit in a phone for general use?

Carrier billing via the android playstore is only for 3 and Vodafone
    You can send a premium text to donate to charity or buy bitcoins with a call to a premium phone number which I can only assume will work on any network?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

You could donate it to charity? Put it in a phone and text one of the premium numbers. They usually have these on the charities website under 'Donate'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

Thanks for all the replies. So it is down to charity or use sim in another phone.
    Appreciate your inputs,
    Cerco

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

Thanks for all the replies. So it is down to charity or use sim in another phone.
    Appreciate your inputs,
    Cerco

Advertisement