Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is LCVP extra points?

Options
  • 19-06-2018 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Was told by my Enterprise teacher at the start of the year that the Lcvp was a handy 'extra' 66 points, and oddly enough I took his words for granted. After research I can't get a clear cut answer and believe it is not.

Can it be added directly to your 6 best subjects? Or does it only count if included as one of the 6? ie. say if my 6th best was OL maths at 28 points will the 66 I get from LCVP have to go ahead of it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭jeonahr

The points for LCVP count only when it's part of your top 6 subjects (ie. you do NOT add the points you get from LCVP to your top 6 if LCVP is not in your top 6). LCVP is basically another subject. The difference between the regular subjects and LCVP is the max. amount of points you can get for the top grade.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭hasdanta

No, it's not extra points. It's basically another subject that is easier than most, but only gives a max of 66 points. Most people do it when they do an OL subject that they don't wanna count in their top 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Was told by my Enterprise teacher at the start of the year that the Lcvp was a handy 'extra' 66 points, and oddly enough I took his words for granted. After research I can't get a clear cut answer and believe it is not.

Can it be added directly to your 6 best subjects? Or does it only count if included as one of the 6? ie. say if my 6th best was OL maths at 28 points will the 66 I get from LCVP have to go ahead of it?

Thanks

It counts as one of your best six, if it is one of your best six. And it's only 66 points if you get a Distinction (which is about 11% taking LCVP).

Distinction: 66
    Merit: 46
    Pass: 28

• Registered Users Posts: 35 jbloggs1245

Thanks for all for replies guys.

Just another question does DCU and UCD accept LCVP as one of your top 6?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Thanks for all for replies guys.

Just another question does DCU and UCD accept LCVP as one of your top 6?

All colleges do. It's a standard system.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

A distinction in LCVP is by no means a given.

Advertisement