Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best shopping bargins in US (New York)

Options
  • 20-06-2018 6:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

Hi.

I will be travelling to US (NY & Washington) for two weeks in July. Wondering what are the best items for picking up bargains compared to Ireland? Clothing I'm sure is cheaper. But are there other areas?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Woodberry Common has loads of different type of shops. Buses go from the port authority depot regularly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Jersey Gardens Bus 111 from the Port Authority takes about 30 mins to go to big outlet mall well worth going to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭Icsics

Register online for the outlet discounts & print off the coupons.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

Outlet malls are the way forward if you want to save. Just spent 600 dollars in one in Massachusetts and came out with clothing that would cost about 3k in Europe!

You'll get great bargains on winter stuff right now if you can find it.

Woodbury Common mentioned above is the same as the place I was in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Careful with the outlets - a lot of places (Gap brands in particular) have outlet-specific clothing lines which tend to be of poorer quality compared to the high street.

• Advertisement
Advertisement