Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage LTI rules and Public Sector Scales/Increments

• 20-06-2018 9:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭

Hello - Does anyone know how banks treat borrowers on increment scales in the public sector for LTI calculations? Is it only the borrowers current point on the scale or do they have leeway to consider some point higher on the scale without having to get an exemption? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Liam D Ferguson

As far as I know banks only consider what the current salary is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

As far as I know banks only consider what the current salary is.

Yeah thats right and probably makes sense as your built in increments will prob just about, or maybe not even, keep pace with inflation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭tomfoolery60

Yeah thats right and probably makes sense as your built in increments will prob just about, or maybe not even, keep pace with inflation

Not true for this scale but point taken!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Not true for this scale but point taken!

I'm going through the process myself at the moment and am on a guaranteed increment but they said that it had to go off current salary.

Places like BOI allow you to over pay (for no charge, well I think anyway) so you could put your increment towards that in a year and reduce your term but you'll be bound by current salary.

Advertisement