Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carbon Fork Replacement.

Options
  • 20-06-2018 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

I have a REAL DESIGN Signature HP fork on my MERLIN Magia Titanium bike since 2006. I have always found it a little "FLEXY" but never had anything to compare it to. I did some research to find that the general view from RD owners is
    'Forks too flexy and sometimes scary on fast descents'. I have been looking for a while for an an excuse (and euros)to replace mine. I never crashed it, but recently I got a blow out on my front wheel on a turn which caused me to fall heavily on the front end of the bike twisting my shifters and brake calipers. There is no visible fork damage but as we all know, that is no proof. Maybe it's perfect, I don't know but I'm not going to waste money on a fork x-ray. --- Have I found my excuse to replace? To be truthful I am actually a bit nervous about using it.
    The fork rake is listed as 45mm but 43mm seems to be more common.
    Would 2mm make much/any difference?
    Any suggestions as to what to replace the fork with without breaking the bank (or more ribs)? :confused:

Comments

Advertisement