Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Money left at ATM, who to contact

Options
  • 20-06-2018 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I walked away from the cash machine yesterday without collecting the cash, I was hoping that it would have been drawn back in within a few seconds, but on visiting the post office today I was informed that somebody had indeed been in today to say they collected the cash, the post office didn't want anything to do with the money and told him to contact Bank of Ireland, of course I do not know if this has happened or did he instead decide to go shopping, who would I contact to help me with this?

Regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi,

I walked away from the cash machine yesterday without collecting the cash, I was hoping that it would have been drawn back in within a few seconds, but on visiting the post office today I was informed that somebody had indeed been in today to say they collected the cash, the post office didn't want anything to do with the money and told him to contact Bank of Ireland, of course I do not know if this has happened or did he instead decide to go shopping, who would I contact to help me with this?

Regards

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch. Can you please let us know are you a Bank of Ireland customer yourself and was the ATM connected to a BOI branch in Ireland?

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 2 whatasillyman

Hi,

Regards

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch. Can you please let us know are you a Bank of Ireland customer yourself and was the ATM connected to a BOI branch in Ireland?

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi Sarah,

No, I am not a customer, the ATM was at a post office in England which I am told is one of yours.

Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi Sarah,

No, I am not a customer, the ATM was at a post office in England which I am told is one of yours.

Regards

Thanks for coming back to us.

To raise this it will be necessary to contact your Bank and advise of the incident. Your Bank will investigate this and liaise with BOI on your behalf.

Many Thanks
    Alison

Advertisement