Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switch off delay exit/entry

Options
  • 20-06-2018 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    I have an up and over garage door which is alarmed but it has a delayed exit/entry when setting the alarm is there any way to disable this feature.
    It's a Hkc panel with male voice if this helps.
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is the garage on its own zone or is it on with the front door?.
    Having the engineer code would be easiest and you could programme the garage zone as alarm instead of entry /exit.
    If that is not an option you could connect the gagage onto a different zone that is set up as alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

KoolKid wrote: »
    Is the garage on its own zone or is it on with the front door?.
    Having the engineer code would be easiest and you could programme the garage zone as alarm instead of entry /exit.
    If that is not an option you could connect the gagage onto a different zone that is set up as alarm.
    Hi koolkid
    The garage is set up with the front/back doors as in when arming the alarm it sets the garage as well but it does have its own keypad if that helps.
    Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Open the front door and open the garage door.
    Goto the keypad and part set or quick set the alarm and see what zones show up as open?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭davidconroy46

Hi , koolkid making alot of sense what he is telling you. Looks to me your front/back doors plus garage are all on the same zone. What he days is open front/door plus garage door and do quick arm 0#5 and see does it come up with 2 zones open. If garage comes up on a zone on its own, eng code would be handy to mske it an alarm zone. If only 1 zone in total you would have to find out if the garage door has its own cable going to control panel.

Hi lads
    Will try that when I get home from work this evening and let you know how I get on thanks

• Advertisement

Hi lads
    When I do a quick 0#5 set with all the doors open it says on keypad front door/ back door and garage doors open.
    Thanks

Are they showing up as 3 separate zones?
    Watch the zone numbers beside the description,

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭davidconroy46

Opening up panel, more than lightly zone 1 is your exit/entry. Check to see how many cables are going to the zone terminals in panel? Should only be 2 wires. For get about the zone tampet for now. Then see how many sleved cables brown/white which ever is going to the zone.
    There is possibly only 2. If theres 3 it will meen there is a stand alone cable going to the garage door. If so it can be put into an alarm zone

Advertisement