Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

August 18 Calls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ldngal18

Hi folks, looking forward to meeting you all in August. Are there many of you going to be staying residential?
    Probs me. I'm not from the area?? :) can we be PT buddies?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Scoobydoo26

Yes definitely! I need to sort my fitness out lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8 RobertPeel2018

Yes definitely! I need to sort my fitness out lol

Even though I'm not going to be going residential, count me in for that fitness training... Need to sort out my fitness, and quick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Id love to stay. But within the 35miles, and also have 4 dogs at home which the partner says I'm not allowed to leave them alone with lmao.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Faugha

Received my forms a 1715 today. Joys of living in the sticks! So I’ve spent the evening deliberating and decided to only select 1 district and hope for the best. I don’t think it’s one of the most desirable so keeping my fingers crossed for it but back to the issue of “but if I get that other station I’m screwed”. My thinking is that if I don’t get it at least I can appeal, if I pick one I don’t overly want and get it then I’m stuck with it.

I’m not going to be residential, unfortunately, I’d have preferred to eat sleep and breath the full experience. But fully intend to make use of the gym and study facilities.

Il not be bringing a visitor / guest with me.

So, roll on the day and I look forward to meeting you all.

• Advertisement

Nik9, saw you'd left your forms up, considering doing the same with mine to be safe about them getting there on time because I can't put my faith in the postal service this time lol, was it easy enough for you, yeah?

Nik9, saw you'd left your forms up, considering doing the same with mine to be safe about them getting there on time because I can't put my faith in the postal service this time lol, was it easy enough for you, yeah?

Yea there is loads of parking out the front, it's just finding a space lol. Security in the office was great and just said they would call recruitment and just to wait a few mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Blue_Line

NiK9 wrote: »

Yea there is loads of parking out the front, it's just finding a space lol. Security in the office was great and just said they would call recruitment and just to wait a few mins.

Same experience for me today! Very easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Loremaster Teclis

Anybody else not get their forms yet? I got my call 1st thing on Tuesday last week and haven't received anything yet.

I got them yesterday and sent them off today. You can always give recruitment a call and check.

• Advertisement

Got mine yesterday evening

Forms dropped in today, just leave them with security and they will get them to recruitment for you! Security very pleasant, easy enough!

Called to book my vehicle in for induction. Guy on phone was really pleasant and was asking if I had any questions etc. Of course I couldn't think of any when put on the spot lol, but if any of yous have any, yous can ask them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Mb91

Not sure if anyone will have the answer but noticed our forms said we’d find out our district at induction - do you know if that’s the induction day or first day of training?

Mb91 wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone will have the answer but noticed our forms said we’d find out our district at induction - do you know if that’s the induction day or first day of training?

Induction day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Mb91

NiK9 wrote: »
    Mb91 wrote: »

Induction day :)

Brilliant! Cheers :)

I’ve taken a bit of a gamble I think by only picking choice of district in the hope I get the station I want, if it swings the other way I’m going to be doing a lot of miles.

I really do wonder how they decide. Obviously it's due to operational needs. But there has to be some sort of method to the madness. Not long until we find out.
    Apparently alot of people have been getting sent to one of my 2 choices so could either mean a big chance of going there or could mean alot of people have filled the spaces there recently and I might not lol.

So hard to know - the only plus for us guys being first in of the campaign is that we get the ripe pickings so to speak, anyone further down the intakes May be more likely to just get sent wherever a vacancy exists

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rossco22

Decided to follow suit and dropped my forms in today, I only went with the one district preference so if we could all say a prayer for me, that'd be great :)

• Advertisement

Rossco22 wrote: »
    Decided to follow suit and dropped my forms in today, I only went with the one district preference so if we could all say a prayer for me, that'd be great :)

I think I have prayed more throughout this process that in the rest of my life

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Scoobydoo26

Can anyone clarify if we get paid for part of the month worked at the end of August or do we have to wait until end of September for first pay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

Can anyone clarify if we get paid for part of the month worked at the end of August or do we have to wait until end of September for first pay?

I could be wrong here. But from reading prior posts, if you miss the pay cutoff you'll get a cheque to cover the start date to pay day and then you'll be on the system for the following month.

It says in one of the documents we received that if an individual starts before the 15th of the month you are paid at the end of the month. If not it comes at the end of the following month

Looking at the above posts am I right in thinking there’s a course starting after the pay cut off date? If we alls tart on the same date I have in mind then there’s no concerns over pay, we will get it at the end of August.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

Are your start dates before the 15th? If I had to go nearly two months without pay I would be finically destitute. I apologise if I'm not supposed to be commenting here lol... but this is something I really should consider in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rossco22

ML515 wrote: »
    Are your start dates before the 15th? If I had to go nearly two months without pay I would be finically destitute. I apologise if I'm not supposed to be commenting here lol... but this is something I really should consider in advance.
    We will be paid at the end of the month bud.

Without trying to lower the tone lol...
    Has anyone started to look under their vehicles? I've did it a few times just so I can get to know what the underside of mine looks like.

Yeah sorry @ML15 for confusing people. We august peeps are starting early enough that we get paid for part of august at least.

• Advertisement

ldngal18 wrote: »
    Yeah sorry @ML15 for confusing people. We august peeps are starting early enough that we get paid for part of august at least.

We will get paid for all we do in Aug. It's just 15th is the cut off line in order to have it all through payrol on time. But since it's salary. They will just take X worth of pay off, for the X amount of days before we start.

Advertisement