Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

August 18 Calls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

ldngal18 wrote: »
    Yeah sorry @ML15 for confusing people. We august peeps are starting early enough  that we get paid for part of august at least.
    Lets hope that's how the cards fall for the rest of us going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ldngal18

ML515 wrote: »
    Yeah sorry @ML15 for confusing people. We august peeps are starting early enough  that we get paid for part of august at least.
    Lets hope that's how the cards fall for the rest of us going forward.
    I'm pretty sure (paperwork indicated this) that they could give you it in a cheque if needed. If HR werent quick enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rossco22

NiK9 wrote: »
    Without trying to lower the tone lol...
    Has anyone started to look under their vehicles? I've did it a few times just so I can get to know what the underside of mine looks like.
    Been meaning to do this, I have absolutely no idea what the underside of my car looks like to be honest. I've also planned out a few different routes to and from Garneville. Can never be too careful is the attitude I'm adopting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Rossco22 wrote: »
    Has anyone started to look under their vehicles? I've did it a few times just so I can get to know what the underside of mine looks like.
    Been meaning to do this, I have absolutely no idea what the underside of my car looks like to be honest. I've also planned out a few different routes to and from Garneville. Can never be too careful is the attitude I'm adopting.

Exactly right.
    I've had a heated discussion with the wife about it already. She said she isn't going to waste her time looking under her car, i thought she would take this approach. So I had already thought about letting her use the garage which is where I normally park my vehicle since it currently carries alot of work gear.
    But of course I'm now having to look at electric garage doors openers Or else she won't even bother getting out to open it. Lmao.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Faugha

Exactly right.
    I've had a heated discussion with the wife about it already. She said she isn't going to waste her time looking under her car, i thought she would take this approach. So I had already thought about letting her use the garage which is where I normally park my vehicle since it currently carries alot of work gear.
    But of course I'm now having to look at electric garage doors openers Or else she won't even bother getting out to open it. Lmao.

If they want you... they’ll come for you. They cowardly b’s are undoubtedly reading this and good for them so here’s my tuppence worth. Chances are they won’t conduct a close quarters attack, they don’t want to risk life or jail. They will however pick a vulnerable target who fails to carry out personal checks of their vehicle etc and sets patterns. If they see you set patterns they will move onto the next person. Il be seen to be checking. But each each to their own. I won’t name the recent victims as I am sure we can all jog our memories and recall them, but I bet they wish they’d checked that morning.

• Advertisement

Faugha wrote: »

Exactly right.

If they want you... they’ll come for you. They cowardly b’s are undoubtedly reading this and good for them so here’s my tuppence worth. Chances are they won’t conduct a close quarters attack, they don’t want to risk life or jail. They will however pick a vulnerable target who fails to carry out personal checks of their vehicle etc and sets patterns. If they see you set patterns they will move onto the next person. Il be seen to be checking. But each each to their own. I won’t name the recent victims as I am sure we can all jog our memories and recall them, but I bet they wish they’d checked that morning.

Yea one of my mates near eats you alive if you go near his car before he checks lol

Exactly right.

Yea one of my mates near eats you alive if you go near his car before he checks lol

He’s a switched on guy. I’d much rather be seen looking or get some scuffed knees than face my maker.

Notice all wrote up ready to be handed in tomorrow. Can't believe it's finally happening :D

Notice all wrote up ready to be handed in tomorrow. Can't believe it's finally happening :D

What a feeling haha I handed mine in yesterday. Gonna give myself a week to chill out and come off the night shift sleeping pattern I've had for the last two years lol

What a feeling haha I handed mine in yesterday. Gonna give myself a week to chill out and come off the night shift sleeping pattern I've had for the last two years lol

I know the feeling. Can't wait to be mon-fri days for a while lol

• Advertisement

I suppose we'll find out for sure quite soon but to clarify does anyone know the likely time off we'll get at xmas/new year?

I suppose we'll find out for sure quite soon but to clarify does anyone know the likely time off we'll get at xmas/new year?

Pretty sure it said in the induction pack we only get Xmas day, boxing day and new years day off. But then it said about if it fell on a sat or something. Can't mind.

The only thing which would give me hope for a few days off at Christmas, is the instructors will want a rest by then too. Could be our last Christmas Day off for a while now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

The only thing which would give me hope for a few days off at Christmas, is the instructors will want a rest by then too. Could be our last Christmas Day off for a while now.
    You'll be saying "remember the days when we used to have Christmas, it's been that long I can't remember what it was like now"

Ok folks I am having a melt down. I’ve trashed my house in search of my birth certificate, with no joy. Terrified that if I cannot find it, my start will be deferred. Any thoughts? If no joy by first thing Monday I will order a duplicate but it’s not looking good.

Ok folks I am having a melt down. I’ve trashed my house in search of my birth certificate, with no joy. Terrified that if I cannot find it, my start will be deferred. Any thoughts? If no joy by first thing Monday I will order a duplicate but it’s not looking good.
    You can order an express duplicate for about 23 quid (posted next working day). I've had to do this as I can't find my one either. I doubt it would be a deal breaker tbh? Especially after all the vetting etc we've been through.

You can order an express duplicate for about 23 quid (posted next working day). I've had to do this as I can't find my one either. I doubt it would be a deal breaker tbh? Especially after all the vetting etc we've been through.

Ah thank you so much for this price of reassurance. You know how it is with this process, you get yourself easily worked up over the slightest things. If you have a link for the express order will you PM please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TheBigLight

If you have the time/can travel, the office in stranmillis belfast will do an official copy for £20 in 15mins

If you have the time/can travel, the office in stranmillis belfast will do an official copy for £20 in 15mins

Brilliant many thanks for this, may be my rushed mission on Thursday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TheBigLight

Sent you the address etc

• Advertisement

Sent you the address etc

Many thanks bud

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

You can walk into chichestershire street in Belfast and stand and wait on one, cutting out the post man. I've done it before for a passport.

ML515 wrote: »
    You can walk into chichestershire street in Belfast and stand and wait on one, cutting out the post man. I've done it before for a passport.

I’m sorted. You can order a priority service and next day delivery online. £26 all in. Panic hopefully over.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Mb91

Any idea if there is a dress code for guests?

Mb91 wrote: »
    Any idea if there is a dress code for guests?

I'd prob say smart casual. They arnt there to impress anyone lol

Folks, am I the only weirdo that doesn't know his medical card number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Joceyjoe

Folks, am I the only weirdo that doesn't know his medical card number?

Is that the H&C number? If so your GP practice will know it

I didn’t know mine either but as previously posted your GP reception will be able to help you.

Got sorted lads, called in and they were able to tell me. Cheers!

• Advertisement

Nerves ?? Excitement? Anyone

Advertisement