Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EIR being difficult

Options
  • 20-06-2018 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I cancelled my account in February to take effect in March 2018 though the online form.  However, EIR made numerous internal errors and i ended up getting charged for additional months due to failings by EIR, not me.  A number of phone calls later over a few weeks and the cancellation was completed and i was told i would receive my refund in 4 months (laughable timeline!).  I was emailed the refund amount in May.

I have now received a bill for non return of the modem and EIR box.  I was told that i would receive written correspondence at a later time if i was to return the modem and EIR box.  To date i have not received any correspondence about returning these but have been billed.  Again, EIR messing up has tied up my money.  The devices are packed up and ready to be returned once i have been told what i need to do.

On the email i received detailing these charges it tells me to ring 1901.  When i ring this number it says my account doesn't exist.  I tried emailing but your email system is down.  So i have no way of contacting EIR.  I have never dealt with such an inept organisation.  I don't believe so many people can be that poor at processing a cancellation unless they were trained to make it so.  Maybe, you can prove to me that EIR is capable of doing something right.  Can you please tell me how i can contact EIR in order to get my money.  I have wasted hours on you lot and i'm fed up.

I had case number [font=arial, sans-serif]2927182 where you can see my dealings with EIR to date. If i was to make a guess i would suspect that EIR sent this letter on returning the devices to the address the devices are registered to and not the address for correspondence i gave on at least two, maybe three occassions, as i no longer live there. Please check the recordings you use for 'training purposes' and this will be confirmed.[/font]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭vigos

Call Comreg and also call Eir complaints was the only way I could get things done https://www.eir.ie/complaints/ I would call rather than email or use webform as you end up talking to someone offshore who is not really interested in solving your issue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

steOO7 wrote: »
    I cancelled my account in February to take effect in March 2018 though the online form.  However, EIR made numerous internal errors and i ended up getting charged for additional months due to failings by EIR, not me.  A number of phone calls later over a few weeks and the cancellation was completed and i was told i would receive my refund in 4 months (laughable timeline!).  I was emailed the refund amount in May.

I have now received a bill for non return of the modem and EIR box.  I was told that i would receive written correspondence at a later time if i was to return the modem and EIR box.  To date i have not received any correspondence about returning these but have been billed.  Again, EIR messing up has tied up my money.  The devices are packed up and ready to be returned once i have been told what i need to do.

On the email i received detailing these charges it tells me to ring 1901.  When i ring this number it says my account doesn't exist.  I tried emailing but your email system is down.  So i have no way of contacting EIR.  I have never dealt with such an inept organisation.  I don't believe so many people can be that poor at processing a cancellation unless they were trained to make it so.  Maybe, you can prove to me that EIR is capable of doing something right.  Can you please tell me how i can contact EIR in order to get my money.  I have wasted hours on you lot and i'm fed up.

I had case number [font=arial, sans-serif]2927182 where you can see my dealings with EIR to date. If i was to make a guess i would suspect that EIR sent this letter on returning the devices to the address the devices are registered to and not the address for correspondence i gave on at least two, maybe three occassions, as i no longer live there. Please check the recordings you use for 'training purposes' and this will be confirmed.[/font]
    Hi steOO7 ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 9 steOO7

Any update Thomas?
    I PM'd you as per your request on the 21 June at 2.45pm.  You've sent me two PMs back saying this is being looked into but it's now the 27 June and I have not received an explanation.  Your last message on the 25 June around 3pm said you would have a response for me within 24 hours.  It's now 44 hours later and no response.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭ArrBee

vigos wrote: »
    Call Comreg and also call Eir complaints was the only way I could get things done https://www.eir.ie/complaints/ I would call rather than email or use webform as you end up talking to someone offshore who is not really interested in solving your issue
    Comreg do nothing even if you've gone through the company complaints procedure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Any update Thomas?
    I PM'd you as per your request on the 21 June at 2.45pm.  You've sent me two PMs back saying this is being looked into but it's now the 27 June and I have not received an explanation.  Your last message on the 25 June around 3pm said you would have a response for me within 24 hours.  It's now 44 hours later and no response.
    Hi steOO7 ,

Sorry for the delay. 

I have been in contact with our administration team, please respond to my recent PM when you get a chance.

Thanks

Thomas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 JOBSOXO

Had a simillar nighmare experience with Eir. Write to their Customer SErvice Dept with detailed log of all interactions. They really are very poor in this area one would suspect it is a deliberate policyto frustrate or frighten customers especually older ones into paying extra or not switching

• Registered Users Posts: 9 steOO7

Any update Thomas?
    Hi steOO7 ,

Sorry for the delay. 

I have been in contact with our administration team, please respond to my recent PM when you get a chance.

Thanks

Thomas
    Thomas,

It's 2 months to the day since I left a message on boards about the difficulties I have experienced with EIR getting my money refunded due to EIR's internal incompetencies. 

With your assistance I received a text message on the 3rd July 2018 saying I would receive a cheque in 10 working days.  This cheque never arrived.

I contacted you again, and with your assistance, on the 2nd August 2018 I received another text saying i would receive a cheque in 10 working days.  Guess what?  No cheque has arrived.

I'm at a loss what to do as it's almost 6 months and I have not had my money that was incorrectly taken from me by EIR returned to me.  From reading my opening post and this post I have either been lied to multiple times by EIR or EIR has had serious internal process failures throughout my dealings with them.

Also, on the 25 June 2018, I received a text from Cabot Financial asking me to contact them urgently.  Please tell me that you have not passed my details on to a debt collection agent?

So, in short, I have 2 questions:

1. Where is my cheque refunding me for EIRs incorrect billing?
    2. Did you send my personal information to a debt collection agent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Any update Thomas?
    Hi steOO7 ,

Sorry for the delay. 

Thanks

Thomas
    Thomas,

It's 2 months to the day since I left a message on boards about the difficulties I have experienced with EIR getting my money refunded due to EIR's internal incompetencies. 

With your assistance I received a text message on the 3rd July 2018 saying I would receive a cheque in 10 working days.  This cheque never arrived.

I contacted you again, and with your assistance, on the 2nd August 2018 I received another text saying i would receive a cheque in 10 working days.  Guess what?  No cheque has arrived.

I'm at a loss what to do as it's almost 6 months and I have not had my money that was incorrectly taken from me by EIR returned to me.  From reading my opening post and this post I have either been lied to multiple times by EIR or EIR has had serious internal process failures throughout my dealings with them.

Also, on the 25 June 2018, I received a text from Cabot Financial asking me to contact them urgently.  Please tell me that you have not passed my details on to a debt collection agent?

So, in short, I have 2 questions:

1. Where is my cheque refunding me for EIRs incorrect billing?
    2. Did you send my personal information to a debt collection agent?
    Hi steoo7, 

I'm afraid Thomas is not here today. 

I'm very sorry to hear that you are still having issues with your refund cheque. 

I've checked your account with the details you supplied to Thomas and can see the refund cheque was processed on the 2nd of August so it should have been with you by now. Can you confirm in PM's what address you need this sent too? 

In relation to the debt collectors, the system will automatically send the details on if money is outstanding for a certain amount of time. I understand in your case you do not owe this money so I have contacted them to advise them on this and you should receive no further correspondence in relation to this. 

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 8 DublinGirl1989

Something very similar happened to me! I tried for months to get my Eir account closed! I filled in the online form, I called, I emailed, I even sent a letter! We were out of contract so should have been closed within 30 days! I eventually just disconnected my Eir modem and sent another email to the complaints department with details of all my other correspondence. Eventually they closed the account, 5 months later! I got a letter stating this and that was the last I heard from them until months later I received a letter from Cabot Financial saying I owed Eir 212€! I hadn’t had any correspondence from eir about money, it wasn’t mentioned in the closing letter! When I tried to contact them they simply said my account is closed and I needed to pay the bill to prevent being taken to court! I probably should have fought it but honestly I had just had enough of them at that point so I paid it simply so I can never have to deal with eir again!

Advertisement