Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What talent/gift do you possess?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

magentis wrote: »
    I've got a tongue that's 10 inches long,and I've learned to breathe through my ears.

I'd say the girls love you. A 10 inch tickler and you don't need to come up for air!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

I have no talent ,i can't sing, i won't go far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I have outrageous reflexes.
    And I am a better singer than anyone that comes on the radio in the car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,525 ✭✭✭valoren

I am naturally artistic but never developed the skill at all.
    I could have been a decent artist.
    I might still be a decent one, the talent is always there waiting to be nurtured.

Remember that scene in Jurassic Park when the T-Rex emerges from the paddock and roars?
    I remember seeing that in the cinema and thinking I know it's not real but that's what I want to do.
    I was only 12 and would have loved to have gotten into computer animation. Sadly it never materialized.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I can make this strange cricket-y clicking noise with my tongue, I've never met a person who can do it and to be honest I don't even know myself how it works exactly.

Also I'm an ancient Wok- and Asian sauce master.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

El Weirdo wrote: »
    I can open a bra with one hand.

I still struggle with both hands.

To open one with 1 hand, that 1 hand would need to be holding a scissors:D.

I'm more distinguished by the simple things I can't do than by the difficult things I can. For example, I can't -

Eat my dinner on the sofa, if I'm not sitting at a table I end up wearing more than I eat.
    Eat a boiled egg from the shell, I end up flinging half of it across the room in my cack handed attempt at getting it out of the shell
    Send a text (or even read a text) and walk at the same time - collisions with other people, bins, poles etc. are an issue!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Dramatik

I've a solid "resting bitch face'' so the majority of people know not to **** with me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,428 ✭✭✭facehugger99

I'm able to raise my left eyebrow independently of my right, but not visa vearsa for some reason.
    I mainly use it to express skepticism, mild surprise or interest.

I'm also really good at driving in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Malayalam

Hmmm, that's a tough one..I'm fairly good at quite a lot of different things, but not actually 'gifted' or truly great at anything that I've noticed so far.

People surprisingly often say I make the best salads they ever tasted... man, what a lame talent to be renowned for :(

• Advertisement

I can sing every Elvis song at Karaoke/KTV, although my true gift is that I can get cheapskates to buy me beer/food not to sing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

I can talk to anyone with ease. Be you queen or pauper.
    I can sing.
    I can spell exceptionally well.
    I can put you at ease easily :)
    I can tell how you are feeling.
    I listen without needing or simply waiting for my turn to speak.
    I notice colours that match. Like "oh the stripe on your shoe is the exact same colour as the light on the laptop".

I assume I'm not alone in reading this three times searching for a spelling error? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

knitting without a pattern...growing food and flowers.... shopping bargains and living on a tiny income...living happily om a very small island..driving

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

Eating and drinking

_feedback_ wrote: »
    I assume I'm not alone in reading this three times searching for a spelling error? :)

There are two words I often get wrong, definate and posession :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Blaas4life

Rather good at handling horses....just seem to understand them when wild/upset etc etc can calm them.....not particularly a fan of horses but there ya go

Also.despite receiving little to no formal training a suprisingly good spray painter/panel beater

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Making mountains out of molehills.
    I’m decent enough at putting colours etc together, be that for clothes or interiors.
    I’m good with animals too. I get on much better with animals than I do with people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

jamesbere wrote: »
    I can cook minute rice in 58 seconds

I can also look directly into the sun for 10 seconds

Nobody can cook minute rice in 58 seconds dammit. Nobody. Especially a blind chap :D
    Im quite accomplished at making nice carvings from small bits of driftwood I find on my walks. I've coffee stained and lacquered a few up and they've been given as gifts. They go down quite well as they are a unique, personal gift and people do appreciate the work that goes into them even if they look hideous. I can also speak a second language, and I'm getting fairly proficient at a third. Oh lest I forget, I've a bigger cock statistically than most men*

(east asian men)

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DaeryssaOne

I consider myself good at driving and parking. I can speed read and spell very well and can also down a pint in a matter of seconds.

Would love to have a real talent though, like being a fantastic artist or musician etc, don't think I have the creative gene unfortunately.

Getting hopelessly "lost" in strange wilderness fields whlle trying to find a short cut back home,,, I do this when driving too, get mislaid..

Today I got hopelessly tangled then had to backtrack as the dog could not cross the deep thankfully dry ditch I had somehow managed to get across

Very very good at this!

I consider myself good at driving and parking. I can speed read and spell very well and can also down a pint in a matter of seconds.

Would love to have a real talent though, like being a fantastic artist or musician etc, don't think I have the creative gene unfortunately.

The old saying re art etc is that it is 1% inspiration, 99 % perspiration. The 1 % is the easy bit while many fail at the 99%..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

I can make a noise like bag pipes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭DickSwiveller

I play the guitar and sing. I can remember lyrics very easily and know hundreds of songs by heart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Corkgirl18

I can fake tan my own back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭DunnoKidz

I can make all the other women in the pub look really good with my special wallflower skills.

DunnoKidz wrote: »
    I can make all the other women in the pub look really good with my special wallflower skills.

(((HUGS))))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

I'm pretty good at diagnosing Lymes disease

Pretttayyy pretayyy good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

There are two words I often get wrong, definate and posession :)

Definate
    unknown

(v.) A combination of two words: define (to assign meaning to a word) and defecate (to take a crap). To assign an arbitrary meaning to a word spontaneously; to fabricate a definition on the spot. In other words: to pull a definition out of your ass. Related: defination (n.)

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

... and can also down a pint in a matter of seconds.
    Oh yeah. I can also do this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I can carry a decent tune.

I can also fit my entire fist in my mouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Benjamin Buttons

I can carry a decent tune whilst fitting an entire fist in my mouth.....usually the listener's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,543 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

I can carry a decent tune whilst fitting an entire fist in my mouth arse.....usually the listener's.

Fixed that for ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭smilerf

Both my thumbs are double jointed. Usually when people bend the upper half of the thumb. The bone comes out at the end. If I bend my thumb the bone goes inside naturally. Sorry bad explanation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Benjamin Buttons

Fixed that for ya

Hey, it's Donald 'Whataboutery' Trump.

God bless ya!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I can sense on first meeting someone if there is something off about them and have never been wrong.
    I can touch my nose with my tongue.
    I can whistle the intro to Patience as good as if not better than Axl Rose. Damn good at whistling :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

Pm sent

Advertisement