Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer of funds - sole trader to ltd company

Options
  • 21-06-2018 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hi

I am on the verge of setting up ltd company from sole trader... my question is, any money I’ve earned this year so far as a sole trader, is it possible to transfer some or all of it to the ltd company to avoid paying the higher rate of tax ?

Or is it just from when the company has been set up going forward ?
    also I have a jeep and a van that are both (almost) paid for (approx value €45k), what do I do with these, transfer them over and can I just continue to write them off as I have been ?

Tks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

These are all questions I'd ask my accountant. I suggest you vet some accountants with good reputations in your area and arrange to meet a couple of them (initial meetings are usually free). Chat to them and pick one to work with.

Advertisement