Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Girls Names

Options
  • 21-06-2018 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just seen a post on irish boys names so thought I'd follow up by seeking yere help for irish girls names.

Myself and my fiancé are finding it very hard to agree on something we both like.

Thanks in advance 😀

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

These are my favorites;

Aoibheann
    Saoirse
    Siobhain

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Peppery

I love Irish girls’ names. At the moment we’re thinking of Sadhbh or Siún. Also love Sorcha, Liadan, Méabh/Medb.

I’d be careful of spellings though. Do plenty of research first. For example, the above spelling of Siobhán makes me cringe when there’s an i. The cases in Irish cause the confusion because it would have an i when in certain cases. There are multiple versions of most Irish names but I personally would try to be careful that they’re not grammatically incorrect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Ive always thought Aoife was a really pretty girls name.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Apple of my eye

Fiadh is gorgeous too!

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭audi02

Theyre all such lovely names...thanks for all your help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Leilak

Siofra
    Fiadh
    Sibeal

• Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Róisin
    Ciara
    Ailbhe
    Eimear
    Niamh
    Croía
    Fia

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Aoibhe (pronounced like Eva) is probably my favourite.

I also like Sadhbh, Aisling, Siobhan, Cora, Doireann, Tara, Roisin.

Advertisement