Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannondale cadd 12 105

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭denbatt

Plastik wrote: »
    28's aren't the be-all and end-all of road riding and I certainly wouldn't let the fact that the Bowman or Kinesis can't take them be a deciding factor. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a good 25 paired to a suitable wheel. There are some pictures on this thread on Weightweenies of the clearances on a Palace:R running 27's.

I would be buying a Caad10, Caad12, Palace:R, or Aithein before an Equilibrium if I was spending my own money.

Yeah. Feel I will chance the cadd12 alright just to have a bike that I can enjoy for more than just commuting . If a bb issue develops at least there seems to be ways to address this.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭sin_26

denbatt wrote: »
    Yeah. Feel I will chance the cadd12 alright just to have a bike that I can enjoy for more than just commuting . If a bb issue develops at least there seems to be ways to address this.

Go with disc version otherwise you will go through brake pads sets like mad and for winter (I am not disc brakes yuppie) disc are better option.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭denbatt

sin_26 wrote: »
    Go with disc version otherwise you will go through brake pads sets like mad and for winter (I am not disc brakes yuppie) disc are better option.

Nah. Just got rid of a disc bike.( Sram 1x hydro) and tbh found them a pain at times. I want to be able to swap wheels between the cadd and my "good bike". Sure I will miss the stopping power but I won't miss faffing about with them. Blocks are cheap and easy to replace compared to brake pads and bleeding the system, that's just my experience of disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭sin_26

denbatt wrote: »
    Nah. Just got rid of a disc bike.( Sram 1x hydro) and tbh found them a pain at times. I want to be able to swap wheels between the cadd and my "good bike". Sure I will miss the stopping power but I won't miss faffing about with them. Blocks are cheap and easy to replace compared to brake pads and bleeding the system, that's just my experience of disc.

You have trully bad experience so.
    I am not a fan of discs in road bikes but after few winter seasons I did go for disc and don't look back tbh.

Btw
    Cheap blocks will eat your wheel rim far more quicker especially if you ride aggressively.
    You might be shocked how fast actually.

Anyway... Caad12 is a great frame.
    Wish u no punctures at all :).

Advertisement