Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus from city center to Sunday’s Well

Options
  • 21-06-2018 8:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭

Hi can someone please tell me where and what bus I can get from city center to Sunday’s well, I know it doesn’t go up the main Sunday’s well road too narrow but it goes around by model farm road, thanks. Really need to get a bus there.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

fin12 wrote: »
    Hi can someone please tell me where and what bus I can get from city center to Sunday’s well, I know it doesn’t go up the main Sunday’s well road too narrow but it goes around by model farm road, thanks. Really need to get a bus there.

Theres a stop on the hill up before the turn onto shanakiel road if you are coming from wellington bridge but I have never used it or seen what number bus passes there. Ill take a walk over this evening and see what it says on the stop for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Orobhsa

201 goes via Shanakiel.

Don't think anything go along Sunday's Well anymore except the open top tour bus.

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1512123630-Cork_Leap_Card_A4_Map.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Model Farm Road - Sunday's Well? That can't be right.
    What part of the city? You'd almost be better off walking it or getting the 202 to Gurranabraher and walking down the hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Which part of Sunday's Well? It's a longish road that starts in the city centre pretty much. Used to half way down it and you'd walk in 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

TheChizler wrote: »
    Which part of Sunday's Well? It's a longish road that starts in the city centre pretty much. Used to half way down it and you'd walk in 10 minutes.

I I’ve to go to strawberry hill but I just really don’t want to walk so if I get up to Sunday’s well, the walk won’t be so bad.

• Advertisement

I I’ve to go to strawberry hill but I just really don’t want to walk so if I get up to Sunday’s well, the walk won’t be so bad.
    Well the closest bus you could get would be the 208 to Castle White on Western Road, walk past Fitzgerald park , go over the shakey bridge and up to Strawberry Hill from there. Or if you prefer to walk downhill get the 202 to Hollyhill and walk down from there.

Well the closest bus you could get would be the 208 to Castle White on Western Road, walk past Fitzgerald park , go over the shakey bridge and up to Strawberry Hill from there. Or if you prefer to walk downhill get the 202 to Hollyhill and walk down from there.

Ya but there’s a bus that goes along that road that u come out after walking over the shaky bridge so that would be the bus that brings u the closest.

Depending what part of Strawberry Hill you're looking at. I think I'd much prefer the 202 get off at the first stop after the school (Laurel Ridge is it?) Walk down through the estate and you'll pretty much be right at the top of Strawberry Hill.

Thanks for the replies guys.

• Advertisement

razorblunt wrote: »
    Depending what part of Strawberry Hill you're looking at. I think I'd much prefer the 202 get off at the first stop after the school (Laurel Ridge is it?) Walk down through the estate and you'll pretty much be right at the top of Strawberry Hill.

I’m not really sure where that school is? Is that monastery avenue estate ur talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Frostybrew

The Cork city tour bus goes up that way. Stops at the gaol just off Strawberry Hill. Doesn't run very often but if mobility is an issue, it's an option.

The old 11 route ran up there until it was discontinued years ago as the area's not very densely populated. Perhaps with new development coming on-stream in the area, it might be revived in future. Though there are no concrete plans.

TBH it's not a great distance from the city centre. 20 mins walk or so for any able bodied person.

Ya but there’s a bus that goes along that road that u come out after walking over the shaky bridge so that would be the bus that brings u the closest.
    Western Road?

Western Road?

It’s the road before model farm road, the bus outbound from city would go up that hill and then go on to shanakill

It’s the road before model farm road, the bus outbound from city would go up that hill and then go on to shanakill

That's the 201. It's the Northside orbital route. Travels from Mayfield to CIT via Ballyvolane, Blackpool, and Hollyhill. Very infrequent and does not serve the city centre.

What bus do people get from city center if they are going to knocknaheeney?

Victoria Cross? Still sounds like the 208 to me. Only that or the non-city 220 and maybe another country bus go through the city centre and past there.

Thanks I just looked at all the routes, there’s no real alternative to walking except a taxi.

202 to Knocknaheeny. 8min walk to Strawberry Hill from the closest stop.

What bus do people get from city center if they are going to knocknaheeney?

202, all the way to Apple.

• Advertisement
Advertisement