Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying cartridges online

Options
  • 21-06-2018 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭

as above lads looking for stores that sell shotgun cartridges online and courier to your door. due to work i am finding it hard to make time to get to an rfd.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

I know when I looked in to this before the issue I had was there had to be someone at home to sign for the delivery. This didn’t suit me as there is no one at home during the day so the ammo I bought from sportsden in Navan was returned as the courier company DPD wouldn’t keep it overnight at their depot so I could pick it up the next morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

Luckysasha wrote: »
    I know when I looked in to this before the issue I had was there had to be someone at home to sign for the delivery. This didn’t suit me as there is no one at home during the day so the ammo I bought from sportsden in Navan was returned as the courier company DPD wouldn’t keep it overnight at their depot so I could pick it up the next morning

cool thanks, herself is home on a Thursday and Friday so was hoping to be ordering on a Wednesday.

so Sean in mourne do delivery, love them lyalvale but to far to drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

I've never had issues with Sports Den, in fact the courier doesn't actually know what is in the box, be it clothing, pigeon decoys or two slabs of cartridges.

You can organise to have the 'parcel' left some where in the garden etc etc if no answer is recieved at the door. I've got everything from rimfire to centre fire and slabs of cartridges delivered.

Most of the sights advertise delivery and some of those that don't actually do on request.

The only time a dealer required me to be there in person was when I had a rifle couriered to me and I had to notify him when I recieved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

I've never had issues with Sports Den, in fact the courier doesn't actually know what is in the box, be it clothing, pigeon decoys or two slabs of cartridges.

You can organise to have the 'parcel' left some where in the garden etc etc if no answer is recieved at the door. I've got everything from rimfire to centre fire and slabs of cartridges delivered.

Most of the sights advertise delivery and some of those that don't actually do on request.

The only time a dealer required me to be there in person was when I had a rifle couriered to me and I had to notify him when I recieved it.

great thanks, so sportsden are one any other suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

sportsden
    irishshooting sports
    patrick carley
    john lambert
    ballistec

shop around for prices, most places deliver these days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

Ardee sports is another one for your list and for anyone interested have a look at there Facebook page they have deals on .22lr ammo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Red Mills is another store who sell online.
    Never had a problem.
    Courier rang an hour ahead and it happen to suit to meet him nearby.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭jb88

Had a shotgun posted to me once, no questions asked and no requirement to sign for it eithier. Dont believe me but it happened. Left outside in the Patio. Crazy.

The ammo and guns have to get to the rfd somehow too..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 314 ✭✭Walter Mittys Brother

The PTB read here ......................... maybe stop giving 'em ammo to stop us getting ammo delivered?

• Advertisement

The PTB read here ......................... maybe stop giving 'em ammo to stop us getting ammo delivered?

Why what law are we breaking? no need for the tinfoil hat just yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 314 ✭✭Walter Mittys Brother

garv123 wrote: »
    Why what law are we breaking? no need for the tinfoil hat just yet.

Ya, you're so right, what would I know.

Advertisement