Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valentia Hardman Sprint 23rd June 2018

Options
  • 21-06-2018 11:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭

This is a great race in a stunning setting- last year we had perfect weather and this weekend looks like a repeat performance. Entries still open here

I'm entered and looking forward to it- if anyone is looking for a fast swimmer for a relay, my son will be there and would love to race the swim part, let me know if interested.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭okane1

Entered myself. Weather looking good for it.
    Get to test out the new TT bike! Canyon Speedmax, say hi!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jellofish

Would love to get to this race! Can't think of a nicer place for a triathlon!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Did this last year and was undoubtedly my favourite race of the season. Swim, cycle,run all stunning! Downhill run finish was nice too. Thomond swim is on the same day otherwise I'd be back again this year.

Enjoy the ferry over in the wetsuit!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭MalDoc

Always very jealous reading about this race. Is it usually on in June? Must pencil it in for next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Kurt.Godel

Words can’t convey how perfect a day it is here on valentia. Just went for a swim in the clear still waters, the sun is shining and no wind at all, perfect conditions for the race later.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Kurt.Godel

This is the best race of the season. Well organised, brilliant setting, great course, fantastic weather... they had double last years entries and if word of mouth continues should be double again next year. Very competitive field up front, just a brilliant race altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭okane1

Kurt.Godel wrote: »
    This is the best race of the season. Well organised, brilliant setting, great course, fantastic weather... they had double last years entries and if word of mouth continues should be double again next year. Very competitive field up front, just a brilliant race altogether.

Second that. Lovely course and atmosphere. Will we be transition neighbours next year!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Kurt.Godel wrote:

Delighted to hear there was double entries this year as only about 90 last year. I was the only 1 from my club there last year but 6 made it down this year.

Advertisement