Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaves curling inwards on tomato plants

Options
  • 21-06-2018 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hi All. I have 8 tomato plants growing in my tunnel. On 3 of them some of the leaves are curling inwards. They seem to be healthy otherwise n they aren't overwatered I think. The fruit is coming out on them. Anyone got any ideas as what may be wrong.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Did you check for aphids? You can usually just squirt them with water and/or squeeze them with your fingers. A few ants on the plants could be a clue to aphids too as they feed on their sweet poo. :(

The aphids are usually hiding under the leaves and suck the sap out.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Curly head

Wheety wrote: »
    Did you check for aphids? You can usually just squirt them with water and/or squeeze them with your fingers. A few ants on the plants could be a clue to aphids too as they feed on their sweet poo. :(

The aphids are usually hiding under the leaves and suck the sap out.
    Checked and there doesn't appear to be anything on the leaves

• Registered Users Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Is it just the top of the plant? New shoots?? ... That happened on a couple of mine, theyre opening up and are keeping growing...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

Markcheese wrote: »
    Is it just the top of the plant? New shoots?? ... That happened on a couple of mine, theyre opening up and are keeping growing...

Seems to be all over one n just the bottom of another. Most of them seem to be OK. I

Curly head wrote: »
    Seems to be all over one n just the bottom of another. Most of them seem to be OK. I

Sorry meant to include pics on last post in u

• Advertisement

Curly head wrote: »
    Sorry meant to include pics on last post in u

Trying again

Sorry can't post pics

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

They do this when very hot/stressed, do you find in the early morning that they are not/less curled in like this?
    Not usually a problem , its when you see spotting or brownish discoloration that you need to take action (I've been experimenting with neem oil this year to control blight and other airborne nastys).

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement