Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naturalisation based on stamp 3

Options
  • 21-06-2018 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Simple Question : If I live in Ireland for 5 years on stamp 3 (and not working throughout the 5 years period), am I eligible for naturalisation/citizenship?

Background : I live with my husband who works and supports the family. Never claimed any benefits from the state.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 samy66

you may use following link to calculate your entitlement with respect to stamp you have

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Naturalisation_Residency_Calculator

• Registered Users Posts: 17 samach

samy66 wrote: »
    you may use following link to calculate your entitlement with respect to stamp you have

That tool indicates I have five years reckonable residence.

My main concern is that is ok NOT to have worked when you are applying for naturalisation? When filling out the form it asks to attach your employers letter, pay slips, P60 etc. Since I have not worked in Ireland, I do not have these documents.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 samy66

samach wrote: »
    That tool indicates I have five years reckonable residence.

My main concern is that is ok NOT to have worked when you are applying for naturalisation? When filling out the form it asks to attach your employers letter, pay slips, P60 etc. Since I have not worked in Ireland, I do not have these documents.

If you completed your 5 years on stamp 3 then you are entitle to apply.
    Rest Revenue department also knew that you didn't work and stamp 3 is also not allowing you to work in IReland then it is obvious that you don't have all above tax related documents.

so you don't required all those documents to apply if you mentioned that you were on stamp 3 because it is illegal to work in ireland for stamp 3 holder

hope you got my point

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

samach wrote: »
    Simple Question : If I live in Ireland for 5 years on stamp 3 (and not working throughout the 5 years period), am I eligible for naturalisation/citizenship?

Background : I live with my husband who works and supports the family. Never claimed any benefits from the state.

Are you applying as the spouse of an Irish Citizen?

Are you applying as the spouse of an Irish Citizen?

Nope, my husband and I have both lived in Ireland for five years(husband = stamp 1 and 4. Me = stamp 3 through out) and we are thinking of applying together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭unattendedbag

Yea go for it. It stands to your character that you haven't been claiming social welfare since you arrived and that you have obeyed the terms of your visa. Having a job is not a pre-requisite for citizenship.

Thanks for the help guys!!

Advertisement