Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non-Payment of wages

Options
  • 21-06-2018 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

I work for a large national company that pays its employees every two weeks, Not long ago i was due payment for 88hrs and two Sundays but i they only paid me for 10hrs it took several days for it to be sorted out but i did not complain just used my saving to travel to work and do the family for a few days until it was sorted out.

I checked my bank last night to see that i was only paid for 15hr when i worked 88hr over the course of two weeks i rang my employer and after two hours of me ringing been placed on hold finally got a answer that the payment may be made today to my account once the roster department confirms my hours.

I have to travel to work 50km from where i live but we have no means to access funds to make the trip there and back and i told the manager on the phone that i can not travel until i receive funds into my account.

Can i be fired for not going as i am outsourced to a commercial site considering this is the second time in a short space of time where i have been massively under paid for what can be a dangerous job.

Advertisement