Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing account name between married couple

Options
  • 21-06-2018 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

my wife and I have an eir landline/broadband account, which is in my wife's name. We want to change the account to my name for a variety of reasons. But my wife has been told this is not possible - that we will have to close the account, and reopen in my name, incurring contract penalties. 
    Surely not?

One of the main reasons we want to change is that I can engage with eir. We had a *very* unhappy experience with the company getting our account moved/cancelled/re-set up when we were renovating our house, and my wife just doesn't want to be dealing with eir. But most customer agents won't deal with me... because I'm not the account holder. My wife uses her maiden name, which despite this being 2018, seems to only confuse things.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

There should be an option for your wife (the account holder) to authorise you to deal with them.

I recently did this with my wife, whereas she spoke to the agent, identified herself properly, then asked them to let me speak on her behalf. I don't know if this is a permanent thing, I don't know if I will be able to call on my own next time, but for the duration of that call, I was authorised to make changes on my wife's mobile account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

JoyPad wrote: »
    There should be an option for your wife (the account holder) to authorise you to deal with them.

I recently did this with my wife, whereas she spoke to the agent, identified herself properly, then asked them to let me speak on her behalf. I don't know if this is a permanent thing, I don't know if I will be able to call on my own next time, but for the duration of that call, I was authorised to make changes on my wife's mobile account.
    Hi JoyPad ,

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

Advertisement