Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contactless failing today

Options
  • 21-06-2018 3:28pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭

Contactless is failing today in two different shops.  Is there a systems issue?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭Tow

Yes.  

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭amber2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Talked to a few people with issues withdrawing cash from ATM's and asking for Cashback at the till. A transaction earlier went through for me so you should be okay if you're paying by card and not asking for cashback. Transactions seem to be unaffected, its when you ask for Cashback that the issue occurs. This needs sorting ASAP!

A little bit of response or notice in the form of an alert/thread from BOI rep here would be nice!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭tb66

Full weeks shopping left at Aldi till today. Both our debit cards declined. Embarrassing not the word.....Had to leave 7 of my own bags packed with shopping at till. Wonder will BOI compensate for the loss of my reusable bags :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,872 ✭✭✭ebbsy

antob wrote: »
    Full weeks shopping left at Aldi till today. Both our debit cards declined. Embarrassing not the word.....Had to leave 7 of my own bags packed with shopping at till. Wonder will BOI compensate for the loss of my reusable bags :rolleyes:
    That's not good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭Gooser14

antob wrote:
    Full weeks shopping left at Aldi till today. Both our debit cards declined. Embarrassing not the word.....Had to leave 7 of my own bags packed with shopping at till. Wonder will BOI compensate for the loss of my reusable bags

I don't understand why you left your own bags at the checkout. Why didn't you unpack them & leave the goods in the trolley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Gooser14 wrote: »

I don't understand why you left your own bags at the checkout. Why didn't you unpack them & leave the goods in the trolley.

Thanks all for getting in touch with us here.

Yes, some customers experienced card difficulties when making purchases with their  BOI debit cards yesterday. This has since been resolved. Sincere apologies to customers that were impacted by this.

Many Thanks
    Alison

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭nowaynever

Thanks all for getting in touch with us here.

Yes, some customers experienced card difficulties when making purchases with their  BOI debit cards yesterday. This has since been resolved. Sincere apologies to customers that were impacted by this.

Many Thanks
    Alison
    What was the actual problem and what measures have been taken to ensure it does not happen again.
    The answer will dictate whether or not I change banks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

nowaynever wrote: »
    What was the actual problem and what measures have been taken to ensure it does not happen again.
    The answer will dictate whether or not I change banks.

Hi nowaynever,

Thanks for your post.

Please be assured that this will be investigated fully by the relevant teams and measures will be taken to ensure it doesn't occur again. We'd be unable to discuss this further here.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭nowaynever

Hi nowaynever,

Thanks for your post.

Please be assured that this will be investigated fully by the relevant teams and measures will be taken to ensure it doesn't occur again. We'd be unable to discuss this further here.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Thanks for the reply.
    Again what was the problem? Is it a case of simply not knowing yet?
    Also why can it not be discussed here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭tb66

Originally posted by antob
    Full weeks shopping left at Aldi till today. Both our debit cards declined. Embarrassing not the word.....Had to leave 7 of my own bags packed with shopping at till. Wonder will BOI compensate for the loss of my reusable bags

Left all still in trolley and walked.Just wanted out of that place.With BOI all my life but going to open account with different bank to have a second card option should this happen again.Went back today and did shopping (again!!!).Brought cash just incase...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

nowaynever wrote: »

Hi nowaynever,

Thanks for your post.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Thanks for the reply.
    Again what was the problem? Is it a case of simply not knowing yet?
    Also why can it not be discussed here?

Thanks for getting back to us here. As this would be to do with the internal workings and process of the Bank we wouldn't be able to discuss this here. If you have a general queries I'd be happy to help you here.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Advertisement