Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campervan tour to Cornwall

• 21-06-2018 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

hi folks,

i am planning to take a 2 week trip over to wales and cornwall in July. any tips/scenic spots you can recommend? we're going to betwys coed, breffin, bath, all the way down to St Ives..

Zipworld, snowdonia, Oakwood, eden project, Canolfan Ymwelwyr Coed y Brenin, all the coast we handle are on the list..
    any other sites we should take in on the way?

also, my cooker and fridge (dometic/smev) are not working, so i plan to get someone to service them whilst i'm down in Cornwall. any recommendation/hazards to avoid?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭nailer8

Planning a similar trip leaving on 28/6 for 12 days Devon/Cornwall area mainly.

Be interested to see what suggestions you get.

Did wales 2y ago can give some suggestions.

Family or just adults?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭lastsaturday

awesome, we're going 01-14 Jul.. just me and 2 kids (8 and 10) this is the first grand voyage in the renovated campervan.. planning on a few nights of wild camping in wales and take it very leisurely in the drive down to cornwall. plenty of mountain biking, hiking, surfing and reading planned in.. :)

will throw in a few themes parks to liven things up a bit

@Nailer8, keep a look out for a black and white relay on your travels! what is your route?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Eden project is well worth seeing, enroute Longleath House and park great to see.
    Beaulieu House and National motor museum is a little further east but well with a visit.
    We stayed in Woodlands park a few years back which I a great campsite. Enjoy
    hi folks,

i am planning to take a 2 week trip over to wales and cornwall in July. any tips/scenic spots you can recommend? we're going to betwys coed, breffin, bath, all the way down to St Ives..

Zipworld, snowdonia, Oakwood, eden project, Canolfan Ymwelwyr Coed y Brenin, all the coast we handle are on the list..
    any other sites we should take in on the way?

also, my cooker and fridge (dometic/smev) are not working, so i plan to get someone to service them whilst i'm down in Cornwall. any recommendation/hazards to avoid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭nailer8

My kids are a little younger (3/5/7) but in Wales just off the ferry folly farm was one of the highpoints of our previous Uk holiday.

Longleath House and Safari park was also amazing.
    The Caravan club campsite on the grounds is excellent.

I would avoid a place called Wookiee hole thought it was rubbish .

We plan on going to the Eden Project Also.
    I’m into mountain biking but planning on bringing a road bike as on previous trips I’ve never found any mountain bike trails. If you’re into mountain biking go to bike park Wales it’s unbelievable. Might want to check how well they cater for kids though.

thanks.. yep, i've looked into the mtb scene in wales and there's loads of family friendly/kid friendly trails.. so should be a blast.. hope this weather stays!!! happy holidays folks. dont forget the suncream!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭Flipperdipper

The centre for alternative technology in mid Wales is well worth a visit, the kids will have a ball, and could end up wet so best Sunday gear is out. http://www.cat.org.uk/index.html If you,re travelling via Holyhead then this is worth a visit also http://www.pilipalas.co.uk/index.php Happy travelling.

Thanks.. We're going via Mach, so will deffo look into this..

Advertisement