Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork mountain biking

Options
  • 21-06-2018 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi guys, pretty new to mountain biking and struggling to find new locations in Cork. I know of Tracton and Ballyhoura but after that im having a little trouble. I've heard of Mount Hillary, Garryduff and Nagles but just from my online research am struggling to find the start points for each of these. Any help in finding the start points or any other locations for mountain biking would be greatly appreciated, will to drive pretty much anywhere in Cork, thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭timmyjimmy

Curragh woods near waterrock golf course just outside Midleton. A bit more downhill orientated but definitely worth a look. There's lots of trails there, you just need to know where to find them.

Edit: I think Tracton is still going too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Download strava and all the trails in the locations you quoted above will be viewable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭Plastik

timmyjimmy wrote: »
    Curragh woods near waterrock golf course just outside Midleton. A bit more downhill orientated but definitely worth a look. There's lots of trails there, you just need to know where to find them.

Edit: I think Tracton is still going too.

Tracton is certainly still going, there's a round of the NPS there this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Trailforks has quite a few listed for the Cork and Munster region in general. There's a mobile app for it too, and it all hooks into strava. On that note, strava is only useful if people make their times public.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 nomurf

Hi everyone, I appreciate the help. I actually have been to Tracton a few times its one of the two that I know. Ill certainly download strava and trailforks and do some more research through them. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Based in Sligo but just back from a few days in Trobolgan,

Curragh Woods is definitely worth checking out. Best way to describe the trail layout is that on the main fireroad climb, everything to the right on the way up is downhill/enduro orientated, whereas everything to the left is more cross country.
    I met a guy out and they have a few dedicated guys building some great stuff out there, impressive seeing as there isn't a club. You'll find the trails criss crossing the fireroad on the climb up, just exercise caution as some are unclear whether you're heading in against the flow or not.
    A lot of off camber roots to catch you out, some steep sections and jumps too, I didn't get much time to explore the steeper stuff, but if I'm down that way again I'll be returning for a visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭timmyjimmy

below is from about a year ago but all these trails are still going

https://www.strava.com/activities/1127299816

Advertisement