Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Satellite Broadband

Options
  • 22-06-2018 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭

I see there seems to be a new kid on the block (well I have only just heard of this company) for anyone having trouble getting broadband by ADSL or any other means.

Tarrifs start from 29.99eur PM and go up to 84.95 PM depending on what usage package you choose - up to 30mbps down and upto 2mbps up.

Cannot make out the installation charge - normally they are high on these satellite packages arent they? - or it could be one where they supply the equipment themselves and you fit it maybe.

They have a guarantee in place that if you have the service and along comes fibre in your area they will let you come out of contract as long as you can prove fibre is in your area and that you return the equipment.

here is their site:

europasat.com/ie/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

And here is the bit you need to read https://www.europasat.com/ie/what-is-satellite-broadband-internet/networks/ses/fair-use-policy/ .

Max download allowance per month is 60Gb and that costs €85 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

my3cents wrote: »
    And here is the bit you need to read https://www.europasat.com/ie/what-is-satellite-broadband-internet/networks/ses/fair-use-policy/ .

Max download allowance per month is 60Gb and that costs €85 a month.

un-metered at night time?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭robbiep958

un-metered at night time?

Still though i would avoid satellite broadband altogether . rubbish data plans and high pings.

If you can get wireess broadband from the likes od three or vodafone go with them way better job

can anyone make out the installation charge from that crowd - i have skimmed the website and cannot see mention of installation charge ... does it look like self install? - i think i read somewhere on there that self install was avialable

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

can anyone make out the installation charge from that crowd - i have skimmed the website and cannot see mention of installation charge ... does it look like self install? - i think i read somewhere on there that self install was avialable

Self install a satellite dish pointing at an object 36000 KM away with no test equipment. Good luck with that!

Self install a satellite dish pointing at an object 36000 KM away with no test equipment. Good luck with that!

ah right yeah haha - i remember setting up my sky digital dish without a meter :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

The equipment is 299 EUR on a 12 month contract.
    Or 39.95 EUR on a 24 month contract, but it adds 5.95 EUR each month to your monthly subscription.

Then there is the cost for the connection fee .. another 39.95 and the wallmount kit .. another 39.95.

So all in all ... nearly 380 EUR. And that's self install as it looks like. So at their 60 GB/month package you're starting at 463.85 EUR

Honestly ... satelite broadband is NOT an option. You can forget about any realtime applications: that's streaming video, tv, voip, etc.

And low data caps as pointed out above.

You find the installation pricing when you try to order. I had a look at it for a mobile setup, but it's not viable.

/M

• Company Representative Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Digiweb

Hiya, Satellite broadband has it's limitations however it's an option if no fixed line broadband or wireless available.

If your interested have a look at our packages : https://www.digiweb.ie/tooway-surfer-satellite-broadband/

Equipment and Installation fee once off 99 euro, 12 month contract

BTW we offer the fibre guarantee also

Digiweb wrote: »
    Hiya, Satellite broadband has it's limitations however it's an option if no fixed line broadband or wireless available.

If your interested have a look at our packages : https://www.digiweb.ie/tooway-surfer-satellite-broadband/

Equipment and Installation fee once off 99 euro, 12 month contract

BTW we offer the fibre guarantee also

good man for getting your plug in there :) - no, honestly that sounds like a pretty good deal. yep i too know sattelite broadband has its shortcomings but it must be terrific if all other broadband avenues had been explored and you were in a tight location where you couldnt get broadband at all. i was in the same situation years ago - dial up internet 33k at best no alternative not even ISDN (well there was but it was for businesses in town) - satellite had come in I think then but it was hugely expensive , expensive installation, expensive monthly subscription, card had to be fitted to desktop PC. I think it was just aimed at business there were no home packages available. ... wasnt even 2 way satellite! you had to have a telephone line installed, it was satellite broadband download and then dial-up upload needed - kids dont know how lucky they are these days LOL :)

with me after holding out a local company (still going to this day) brought out the system pointing to a mast on a mountain - luckily i could see the mast on the mountain clearly if i got on a ladder at our bungalow - 150pounds for installation and 59pound a month for 18 months (might have been euro but i think they were out and we got in installed before 2002) I went from 33k Ireland-on-line to 3mbps down and 3mbps up ... just imagine that - thought I won the lottery.

• Advertisement

satellite broadband is complete rubbish . AVOID

Advertisement