Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

replacing f2000 with netgear router

Options
  • 22-06-2018 8:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hi,
    i'm not very impressed with the eir supplied F2000 - issues with coverage in house, parental controls awful. I currently use another router on another broadband network with has a setup i prefer and far superior parental controls. |I also have a lynksys voip adapter which i've used with this broadband.

So is it possible to use this system as a replacement? How to i find the details on connection parameters for FTTH and the VOIP  connection... 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

tigger1962 wrote: »
    Hi,
    i'm not very impressed with the eir supplied F2000 - issues with coverage in house, parental controls awful. I currently use another router on another broadband network with has a setup i prefer and far superior parental controls. |I also have a lynksys voip adapter which i've used with this broadband.

So is it possible to use this system as a replacement? How to i find the details on connection parameters for FTTH and the VOIP  connection... 
    Hi tigger1962 ,

I would reccomend contacting our technical support team on 1890 260 260 for more information on this.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭tigger1962

Grand I’ll check with them. It will be interesting to talk to them.

I tried ringing that no and i ended up in a round robin affair! it ended up in customer support who told me to ring the same no... all the options are related to faults which is no really the issue!

I supposed i'll do what other do and talk to my peers in boards.ie  or in technical forums. i can do nearly all of it bar configuring the voip anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

I tried ringing that no and i ended up in a round robin affair! it ended up in customer support who told me to ring the same no... all the options are related to faults which is no really the issue!

I supposed i'll do what other do and talk to my peers in boards.ie  or in technical forums. i can do nearly all of it bar configuring the voip anyway

You will lose the VoIP service if you use a third party router. eir are unable or unwilling to give out the SIP password for the account. You are wasting your time trying to configure it.

thanks, after recent interactions with eir - i'm getting very disappointed in them. i'll be ending the contract as soon as i can.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

I'm sorry to hear this. 

When you dial the support number and enter your details, pick option 1 and 1 again and this should get you through to an agent in support who will be able to assist you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

I'm sorry to hear this. 

When you dial the support number and enter your details, pick option 1 and 1 again and this should get you through to an agent in support who will be able to assist you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    thank you eventually got through... as Navi stated though i'd lose the voip as they wouldn't give me the password... I've decided just to use the box as a basic gateway. 11 months from now i'll switch to another isp who I know will provide me details of the voip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

I'm sorry to hear this. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    thank you eventually got through... as Navi stated though i'd lose the voip as they wouldn't give me the password... I've decided just to use the box as a basic gateway. 11 months from now i'll switch to another isp who I know will provide me details of the voip.
    No problem. 

I'm sorry to hear this, however, we only support our own modem with the VoIP service. 

I'm sorry it's not better news. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement