Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roscommon flexi-leave

• 22-06-2018 8:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,750 ✭✭✭✭

What is really going on here.

Would appear that staff were running their own ‘schedules’ and just taking flexi leave ad hoc with seemingly no managerial input either into the extra ‘work’ done ,or the time off taken.

Surely that’s not the case,is it?

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2018/0621/972065-flexi-time/

(Mods please move if this is not the right forum for this)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Any chance of a link, maybe a piece of quoted text, or even a brief summary as to what this is referring to?

I'm still enjoying morning coffee here, and would like to know if I should be feeling outraged or meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Any chance of a link, maybe a piece of quoted text, or even a brief summary as to what this is referring to?

I'm still enjoying morning coffee here, and would like to know if I should be feeling outraged or meh.

Beat me to it Johnny. It's like when you walk in mid conversation and have no idea what they're talking about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,750 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Sorry will do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2018/0621/972065-flexi-time/

That’s it, again apologies should have put one in at first

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Sound. Good to know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,630 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Haven't a clue about that case but felxi leave is very common, one of mine who works in a financial institution and they can work up hours and take days off or come in early and work up a few hours and take the afternoon off, she finishes at 3.30pm every day they can also buy days off and payback it back monthly. The annual leave entitlements are generous too.

mariaalice wrote: »
    Haven't a clue about that case but felxi leave is very common, one of mine who works in a financial institution and they can work up hours and take days off or come in early and work up a few hours and take the afternoon off, she finishes at 3.30pm every day they can also buy days off and payback it back monthly. The annual leave entitlements are generous too.

I understand,but I expect that this is done in a controlled agreed fashion with staff and management rules and stuff?

Would appear to me anyway that the RCCouncil 'scheme' was very lax until the Co.Mgr stepped in.

When these schemes are set out and agreed and approved its a win-win for everyone, however one would definitely need to ensure that there is no 'slippage' and that a certain coterie do not start gaming the system to the detriment of everyone.

Not suggesting that this is the case here, but the oversight seems to have been very lax up to the time the Mgr. got wind of it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,630 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

I understand,but I expect that this is done in a controlled agreed fashion with staff and management rules and stuff?

Would appear to me anyway that the RCCouncil 'scheme' was very lax until the Co.Mgr stepped in.

When these schemes are set out and agreed and approved its a win-win for everyone, however one would definitely need to ensure that there is no 'slippage' and that a certain coterie do not start gaming the system to the detriment of everyone.

Not suggesting that this is the case here, but the oversight seems to have been very lax up to the time the Mgr. got wind of it?

That is poor management which I would say is the issue, not the flexi leave its self .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

They took a flexi day to complain about their lack of flexi days.

Nice job Roscommon.

• Advertisement

Looks like another one day strike todayTuesday 26June.

Will be interesting to see how all this pans out.

Advertisement