Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spieth 2 or Fj Pro SL

Options
  • 22-06-2018 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I have been offered one of these shoes at a cost price (both the same at cost). Has anyone tried out both and give a recommendation?
    Reviews are positive for both!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,257 ✭✭✭slingerz

jod1983 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I have been offered one of these shoes at a cost price (both the same at cost). Has anyone tried out both and give a recommendation?

I have FJ contour fit and think they are great

• Registered Users Posts: 28,056 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Hi all,

As a matter of interest what is cost price? Speith 2 are about €200 so I'd imagine around €110?

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭jod1983

€98 is the cost price on both even though the Spieth are €40 more expensive. Massive markups!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,056 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

€98 is the cost price on both even though the Spieth are €40 more expensive. Massive markups!!!

Yea that's a bit more than I thought. Must be costing less than €50 to make in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭Ronney

Hi all,

One at cost...how much for the second?...The old one for the price of two and another one free special!

Footjoy fan myself, last 3 pairs have been the Sport, Icons (still beautiful to wear 6 years on) and DNA's and would have no complaints.

Dont think your comparing like with like as the Pro SL are a spikeless "Summer Shoe" while the Spieth 2 are a top of the range all year shoe.

So if you want something for the winter here avoid that model of FJ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,172 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Yea that's a bit more than I thought. Must be costing less than €50 to make in that case.

100%+ mark up for the retailer in most cases for that high end sruff generally. I would be surprised if they cost more than €20 to manufacture

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭jod1983

Ronney wrote: »
    One at cost...how much for the second?...The old one for the price of two and another one free special!

Footjoy fan myself, last 3 pairs have been the Sport, Icons (still beautiful to wear 6 years on) and DNA's and would have no complaints.

Dont think your comparing like with like as the Pro SL are a spikeless "Summer Shoe" while the Spieth 2 are a top of the range all year shoe.

So if you want something for the winter here avoid that model of FJ

Must check my contact that it a pair im getting!!!!!!!!!!

I was leaning towards the Spieth 2 for its all weather ability, mind made i think.

Mark up is crazy, my buddy (hopefully supplying me the PAIR) used to work for Adidas along time ago as a rep. I always remember him saying that the top of the rang shoe at the time would cost a shop nothing more than €15 and be sold for €80+.
    I suppose the poor people making them out east are the ones to suffer.

Advertisement